adding channel logos

General Discussion

Re: adding channel logos

Postby positor1 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:56 pm

can anyone help with this error that is reported from within tivoweb just under where it says "logo imported successfully.

Trying to associate the logo after the import results in no logos found.
Thankyou in advance.

-------INTERNAL SERVER ERROR------ --cut here--action:logos, path:/import/, env:file BBC3-s1-p1.png lspace 1 submit Import, code:'errDbNotFound'
can't open object (errDbNotFound)

while executing
"db $db open "/LogoGroup/$lspace:$type:$type""
("uplevel" body line 3)
invoked from: "uplevel $body"
invoked from: "transaction {uplevel $body}"
(procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
invoked from: "RetryTransaction {
set img [db $db openid $imgfsid]
set logogroup [db $db open "/LogoGroup/$lspace:$type:$type"]
dbobj $logogroup add Index $index
dbo..."
(procedure "show_import" line 85)
invoked from: "show_import $chan [join [lrange $parsedPath 2 end] {/}] $env"
(procedure "MOD::action_logos" line 16)
invoked from: "$cmd $chan $path $env"
--cut here--
positor1
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby Suds » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:11 pm

I've been trying to sort out a set of logos for the channels I've currently got set up on my TiVo, and after collecting the various archives that are available I was still missing some and others were out-of-date so I've had a go at creating or updating the ones I needed. I am no artist though and I'm the first to admit these are not great quality but they seem to look ok to me and are better than nothing. By way of contributing something back to the community I'm sharing them here. The zip contains logos for:

CBS Action
    CBS Drama
    CBS Reality
    Channel 5
    Dave
    DMAX
    Drama
    E4
    Fox
    Horror
    ITV
    ITV2
    ITV3
    ITV4
    More 4
    MTV
    Quest
    Really
    SyFy
    True Drama
    True Entertainment
    True Movies
    True Movies 2
    Watch

Some are named as HD channels, others as SD - personally I'm not actually bothered about distinguishing between HD/SD and the various +1 channels, so I've just made copies of these logos where necessary to cover the corresponding channels, so you may need to copy and/or rename the individual files before use with your own line-up. (loadlogos.tcl is useful for this as it outputs a list of the channel idents you need in order to name the files correctly.)

Many thanks to Aerialplug for the templates I used and I hope someone else finds these useful.

Regards,

Suds

(See later post for updated file.)
Last edited by Suds on Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Suds
Almost there...
Almost there...

Postby mrtickle » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:16 pm

Great stuff, many thanks! I know that we currently don't have anything for True Drama and True Entertainment at least so I look forward to loading these.

As we're always so busy with the basic guide data the nice things like logos always get pushed back down the priority order unfortunately!
--
links to my TiVo logos, TivoWebPlus 2.1.b3 UK-20120818, Tracker v3.3.3 & v3.3.4 (17th Jun 2013), GDchecker v1.06b, Digiguide checker v0.4.3-rc5 and Autospace v1.65 can all be found in this post.
mrtickle
TVGuide Admin
TVGuide Admin

Postby Suds » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:48 am

A quick update:

Some of the type 2 logos looked a little elongated, so I've tidied them up a bit, and I also found some better versions of the logos for one or two channels, so I've re-done them. I also ommitted "more>movies" from the list in my previous post - there are 25 logos in all.

Regards,

Suds
Attachments
SudsLogos-131031.zip
Suds Logos, Oct 31st 2013
(67.31 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
Suds
Almost there...
Almost there...

Previous

Return to General