Record TiVo Conflicts - automatically!

General Discussion

Record TiVo Conflicts - automatically!

Postby Brother52 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:50 am

It's been a while since I've been in here - so much so that I'd forgotten my password :oops:

Ages ago I wrote a Python script to automatically resolve conflicts between my multiple TiVos - it runs on my (Windows) PC every couple of days, and uses TiVoWeb (1.9.4) to look at the list of conflicts on my "master" TiVo, before adding them to the ToDo list on my "slave" TiVo.

(The slave TiVo has no Season Passes set - it just records the conflicting programmes that the master TiVo can't manage)

Well, I've finally got around to porting my code into (Visual) C++ - and built a Windows .exe executable for it.

Usage goes something like this (you can drop the -minimise (note British spelling :D ) if you want to see what going on behind the scenes):

Code: Select all
RecordTiVoConflicts.exe -master 192.168.1.200 -slave 192.168.1.201 -minimise

Currently it's setup for TiVoWeb 1.9.4 (as it scrapes the webpages - and that's what I use :twisted: ), but there's no reason that things couldn't be updated.

I'm more than happy to post both the executable and the source code - but before I bother tidying up the source, I'd just like to gauge interest...
Brother52
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Re: Record TiVo Conflicts - automatically!

Postby Brother52 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:26 pm

Just to follow up on this, I've since updated my code to do the following (in order):

- remove anything from the To Do list with 3x thumbs down (eg: I have a wishlist to record all motorsport, but I can't stand F1 these days)

- remove any old series from the To Do list (this is configured from the TiVo itself, using a non-recording wishlist like "QI S13" - will not record earlier programmes)

- attempt to get 2nd TiVo to record conflicting programmes (as before)

- attempt to get 2nd TiVo to record anything with 3x thumbs up (for when your recording must absolutely, definitely not cock-up)

Again, I'm not really expecting anybody else to be interested in this - but it certainly works well for me!
Brother52
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Re: Record TiVo Conflicts - automatically!

Postby mikethebike » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:23 am

Does this need both Tivos to have Network cards to talk to the PC ?

Mike
mikethebike
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Return to General