Channel Changing for Manhattan Plaza HD-S Freesat box

General Discussion

Channel Changing for Manhattan Plaza HD-S Freesat box

Postby AstralEnigma » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:42 pm

For the past couple of years I've been using a Humax Foxsat Freeesat box to drive my TIVO. I have the Alt EPG installed and that works fine - thankyou!!

However recently the Humax box have been causing more and more problems with not correctly changing channels and i decided to switch to the Manhattan Plaza HD-S. I've just connected it all up, but only seem to find two code numbers for changing channels (00059 and 00116), at all three speeds - neither of which work in terms of changing Tivo channels.

It's a long time since I set the Humax box up but my recollection is there were a lot more choices! Please can someone tell me what code I need and how I get it?

Thanks!
AstralEnigma
Powering up...
Powering up...

Re: Channel Changing for Manhattan Plaza HD-S Freesat box

Postby AstralEnigma » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:52 pm

Hello again everyone.

Sadly it looks like no-one has been able to help me get my Manhattan Plaza box working with TIVO. However, I still need HELP !!!

I eventually bought another Humax Foxsat HD box instead. This week it, too, has failed in exactly the same way as my original one and Humax say i should just by (yet) another one. Which, of course, I am loathe to do... So either I need the codes to get the Plaza operational, or I buy yet another different tuner, or, sadly, I cease being a 'real' TIVO user.

Please can someone suggest something?

Thanks very much!
AstralEnigma
Powering up...
Powering up...

Postby healeydave » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:47 pm

Are you sure you not getting any interference, call me suspicious, but I take some convincing when it comes to coincidences :-)

I vaguely remember threads from years ago where-by once reliable systems suddenly suffered channel changing reliability issues.
It could often be related to newly acquired technology like a signal sender or something more simple like a book dropped on top of a remote in a drawer or simply the movement of furniture that once offered a good reflection of IR signals back at the Set-Top-Box.
Keeping the dream alive.
healeydave
AltEPG Team
AltEPG Team

Postby AstralEnigma » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:06 am

Hi Dave,

Thanks for taking the time to post a response.

There's two separate issues so I probably over-complicated it. The Humax box has been in the same position, untouched, out of the way etc, for ages. The fault, as best I recollect, is the same as before, or rather the symptoms are. Every now and again it needs to retune itself (it would seem) and sometimes when that happens it never completes. So I power it off and on again (remotely - I unplug it rather than touch it) and it resets itself and all is fine. This time it has just stayed in reset mode for hours, (the display goes round in a circle endlessly) which is what the previous one did. I've spoken to Humax technical support who say this is symptomatic of a component failure, usually a capacitor.

But of greater interest would be trying to get the Manhattan Plaza box to drive the Tivo. When I tried that, I couldn't find any codes that worked at all. If you have any ideas about that then I can try simply driving the Tivo off a different box and all will be fine!

Cheers!
AstralEnigma
Powering up...
Powering up...

Postby DX30 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:16 am

It is possible to teach the TiVo new IR codes, see this thread

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=514&p=5864#p5864

It isn't something I have done myself so I'm afraid I can offer no advice if you have problems but others may be able to.
DX30
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby Inner Zone » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:42 pm

AstralEnigma wrote:Hi Dave,

Thanks for taking the time to post a response.

There's two separate issues so I probably over-complicated it. The Humax box has been in the same position, untouched, out of the way etc, for ages. The fault, as best I recollect, is the same as before, or rather the symptoms are. Every now and again it needs to retune itself (it would seem) and sometimes when that happens it never completes. So I power it off and on again (remotely - I unplug it rather than touch it) and it resets itself and all is fine. This time it has just stayed in reset mode for hours, (the display goes round in a circle endlessly) which is what the previous one did. I've spoken to Humax technical support who say this is symptomatic of a component failure, usually a capacitor.

But of greater interest would be trying to get the Manhattan Plaza box to drive the Tivo. When I tried that, I couldn't find any codes that worked at all. If you have any ideas about that then I can try simply driving the Tivo off a different box and all will be fine!

Cheers!

Just for information. I picked up a Humax Foxsat-HD last week off Freecycle, two of the capacitors in the PSU were failing, easy job if you are handy with soldering iron, I changed all the capacitors on PSU board just to be sure.
6021, WD 500Gb SATA

6022, WD 80Gb

6021, Quantum 40Gb
Inner Zone
Almost there...
Almost there...

Postby DX30 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:39 pm

This site may be of some help

http://humax-foxsat-not-booting.webs.com/
DX30
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby AstralEnigma » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:41 pm

Hello and thanks for the responses again.

The Foxsat not working link is interesting, because that's exactly what I'm getting and in a sense it's good to know I'm not alone - but obviously also very bad that I'm not alone! The link to download a hardware upgrade no longer seems to go to one, sadly.

Made an attempt at trying to 'teach' the Plaza codes but got nowhere - probably doing it wrong!

I may have a look inside my box for blown capacitors later.

The other option, I guess, is to buy another different Freesat box. Has anyone used the latest Humax one - the HB1000S - does that work well (are there codes already set up for it)? At least I know that's available and I could get it with 5 year warranty for an extra tenner!

Cheers
AstralEnigma
Powering up...
Powering up...

Postby ghstone » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:52 pm

Hi, did you find a solution to controlling the Manhattan Plaza box ?

One of my Humax FreeSat boxes has failed - it continually reboots which I think points to a bad PSU. I'd usually pop it round to my mates for fixing, but this near Christmas he's very busy.

So, I needed a replacement fast, and as the new Humax FreeSat box doesn't have a SCART I bought the Manhattan instead, Now I find as you did that there are only two codes listed for Manhattan, and neither work.

I suppose I could re configure back to Sky if necessary, or get the soldering iron out and see if I can fix the Humax myself, but I'm really hoping there's a way of getting new codes which work into the Tivo.

Cheers,

Graham
ghstone
Almost there...
Almost there...

Postby DX30 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:56 pm

ghstone wrote:I'm really hoping there's a way of getting new codes which work into the Tivo.

Your best bet is to follow the instructions in this thread referred to earlier

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=514&p=5864#p5864

Its worth reading even if someone else has already taught their TiVo the codes as you will need to do part of the procedure anyway in order to install them on your TiVo.
DX30
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Return to General