There was an error

General Discussion

There was an error

Postby abarthman » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:08 pm

An internal error occurred while adding this programme (or Season Pass) to the To Do List. If this is a recurring problem, please call 08702 418486 with the error code below.

ConflictMgr DoRecordShowing:
ProposeExplicitselection returned err errDbNotFound

I'm suddenly getting this on-screen message when trying to record after downloading the latest EPG last night?

Is it just a matter of downloading the EPG again or is it something more complicated than that?

Unmodified Tivo. No network card. Dialling 01612329094 number.

May be unrelated, but my wife (who controls all things TV related!) has advised that the TiVo menu has been slower to appear when pressing the TiVo button on the remote for the last couple of weeks.
abarthman
Almost there...
Almost there...

Re: There was an error

Postby DX30 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:48 pm

I have no personal experience of this but a google for that error suggests there are a couple of things that you could try but it could be a failing hard disk. If the problem persists you could try the following - if the first doesn't work move onto the next etc

1. Repeat Guided Setup
2. Clear and Delete Everything (drastic, but easier than option 3).
3. Replace the hard drive (the nuclear option)

Edit: Another option short of a new hard drive would be to force an mfscheck using a kickstart code. WARNING if you do have a failing hard drive you may never get out of a Green Screen reboot loop so be unable to try 1 or 2. I've cut and pasted the instructions below from this thread http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/sh ... p?t=250188

While booting the power light will change from green to yellow as the line 'checkpanic' in the rc.sysinit gets executed. This happens a few seconds before the screen changes from the startup image to "almost there" and it's your cue to hold down a button (use pause) on the remote to trigger a panic. When the record light changes yellow, key in one of the following sequences:

57 - mfs check
58 - perform mfs cleanup
-- both of these will cause the green screen and various mfs checks
DX30
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby abarthman » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:18 pm

Thanks, DX30.

Much appreciated.

I'll follow your advice and see how I get on.
abarthman
Almost there...
Almost there...

Postby abarthman » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:15 pm

Tried options 1 and 2 late last night, but to no avail. Option 2 took more than an hour.

I had pretty much resigned myself that my hard drive was faulty today, but I tried option 3 (it took 3 attempts to get my timing and button pressing sequence right - the yellow light only appears for a second or so) after coming home from work today and my trusty old TiVo is now recording fine again! :D

Thanks again, DX30.
abarthman
Almost there...
Almost there...

Return to General