Botched Autospace switch Off - Unresponsive Tive

General Discussion

Botched Autospace switch Off - Unresponsive Tive

Postby Sharkietour » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:47 am

Hi

Just hoping one of the experts here can bail me out of a botched procedure. I tried to switch off Auto space with details from memory and now have an unresponsive Tivo.

In the Find Programmes to Record screen I entered Clear 0 0 Clear (location and/or code may be incorrect!) but all that happen was the Tivo returned to the AltEPG - Tivo Main Menu screen and wouldn't repond to the remote. I pulled the plug a few times to no avail so left it for a bit.

Returning 10 minutes later I was happy to seen that the remote was working again so decided to view and delete messages ( daily call has failed since Friday) but the remote would only obey about 5 command then the Tivo locks up again.

I'm currently trying to Restart to see if that helps but as I can only use the remote 5 times (ish) every 15 minutes it may take some time. Much obliged for any assistance as the usual "why are you mucking with it, it's Christmas, get it sorted or..." conversations are being had here.

Cheers

Rich
Rejecting VIRgin MedIa Ntl reality and substituting our own
Sharkietour
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Re: Botched Autospace switch Off - Unresponsive Tive

Postby bri_tal » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:15 pm

Have you considered replacing the batteries in your RC ?
bri_tal
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby JDW » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:22 pm

Having botched a network setup on a newly installed disk so badly I couldn't even see the Tivo in ARP list or DHCP server of my router I set the dial in number using the remote, followed the instructions on changing the way Tivo connects and made the system re-install altepg - it worked first time. Now I am reconnected, have fixed my network issue and have big smile. Self-healing done nicely. Would that work for your problem? The install software stuff is in the http://www.altepg.com/ manage my account section in case you haven't already used it as is the network configuration stuff - if anyone else does what I did!

John
JDW
Almost there...
Almost there...

Postby Sharkietour » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:27 pm

Good call but the remote appears fine but this seems to have resolved itself.

After an indeterminate period (I wasnt bothering it) Tivo righted itself and made a successfull call. The only wierd thing was the call status reported ".14" which I havent seen before.

All now good so cheers and a Merry Christmas to all.
Rejecting VIRgin MedIa Ntl reality and substituting our own
Sharkietour
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby mrtickle » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:36 pm

Sharkietour wrote:as the usual "why are you mucking with it, it's Christmas, get it sorted or..." conversations are being had here.

:mrgreen: in those circumstances, very good news that it's fixed! :)
--
links to my TiVo logos, TivoWebPlus 2.1.b3 UK-20120818, Tracker v3.3.3 & v3.3.4 (17th Jun 2013), GDchecker v1.06b, Digiguide checker v0.4.3-rc5 and Autospace v1.65 can all be found in this post.
mrtickle
TVGuide Admin
TVGuide Admin

Return to General