Donations - A regular event?

General Discussion

Donations - A regular event?

Postby philg » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:06 pm

I did ask this question ages ago when Alt-EPG was new, but your Christmas greeting (via the Queens Speech!) reminded me to bring the subject up again

I'd REALLY like to set up a regular donation to Alt-EPG via your Paypal donation - but I don't really want to have to do a manual donation every month

Would it be possible to set up a recurring Paypal donation please? I'm sure I can't be the only one wanting to fund your continued efforts

Cheers and keep up the great work

Phil G
philg
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Re: Donations - A regular event?

Postby mrtickle » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:00 pm

The Queen's speech thing was my doing, well spotted :mrgreen:

I don't know what the costs are, if any, most of it being kindly donated by the community. If something breaks and there is a sudden need, then I guess there would be an appeal at the time (and a big panic!).

The thing that it's all for, that we all use in the end on our TiVos - the guide data - comes with a clause specifically prohibiting it ever being used for commercial purposes. We would fall foul of that if there was any system of regular donations! If we lost that data there is no other suitable source I know of, it needs enough massaging as it is :wink:
--
links to my TiVo logos, TivoWebPlus 2.1.b3 UK-20120818, Tracker v3.3.3 & v3.3.4 (17th Jun 2013), GDchecker v1.06b, Digiguide checker v0.4.3-rc5 and Autospace v1.65 can all be found in this post.
mrtickle
TVGuide Admin
TVGuide Admin

Re: Donations - A regular event?

Postby philg » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:17 pm

Good point on the "non commercial" aspect

One "one off" donation duly completed - the pennies are rolling through Paypal as we speak

Now just need to set a 6-monthly reminder for the next definitely NON repeating donation :)

It's the least I can do to help keep the guide data rolling

Phil G
philg
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Return to General