Tivo suggestions shown in the to-do list

General Discussion

Tivo suggestions shown in the to-do list

Postby bandsp » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:36 pm

As I recall, when I installed the Altepg image disk I had the TiVo suggestions shown in the to-do list, which was handy, but turned off the function because no matter what I did, I could not make any specific suggestion go away .. even brown thumbing it.

Later I did see a post that said the way was to change the suggestion into a required one and then delete it ..

By then I had forgotten how to turn on the function .. so let sleeping dogs lie ..

But they have just woken up, and even after spending an evening searching the forum, I cant find a thread that mentions the function .. (Never been good at phrasing searches)

So, after all that, if my memory is not up to its usual tricks of remembering things that never happened, perfectly .. how do I make tivos planned suggestions show in the to do list ..

ta
Still learning ..

Mainly because I tend to forget what I have already learned .. I think
bandsp
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Re: Tivo suggestions shown in the to-do list

Postby mrtickle » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:55 pm

To see suggestions in the ToDo list on the TiVo UI, I think it's a "backdoor" codes function.

from http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/sh ... p?t=122090: (which also explains how to turn them on, if you need to)
- Thumbs Down, Thumbs Down, Thumbs Up, Instant Replay -
:: If done in the ToDo List, it will turn on "Scheduled Suggestions" (See above).
:: If done in the Now Playing List, it will display the "hidden" recordings, like the Teleworld Paid Program. These recordings are those in reserved space.

You can also use TiVoweb.
--
links to my TiVo logos, TivoWebPlus 2.1.b3 UK-20120818, Tracker v3.3.3 & v3.3.4 (17th Jun 2013), GDchecker v1.06b, Digiguide checker v0.4.3-rc5 and Autospace v1.65 can all be found in this post.
mrtickle
TVGuide Admin
TVGuide Admin

Re: Tivo suggestions shown in the to-do list

Postby bandsp » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:23 am

Ah, thanks .. had forgotten about 'backdoor' and the tivocommunity forum.

will (carefully) fiddle about with things.
Still learning ..

Mainly because I tend to forget what I have already learned .. I think
bandsp
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Return to General