Free Series 1 TiVo in Cornwall (Newquay area)

General Discussion

Free Series 1 TiVo in Cornwall (Newquay area)

Postby misterbleepy » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:26 pm

My UK Series 1 has been declared surplus to requirements, and so I am offering it free to anyone who is prepared to collect it from the Newquay area of Cornwall.

It has an upgraded hard drive (around 120Gb I think) and I can probably find the original 40Gb drive too.
It also has a Silicon Dust cachecard, with a long bit of ethernet cable hanging out of the back and 512Mb of ram fitted.
There is also a very well worn remote control, and IR blaster leads, and possibly even the original instructions.
Unfortunately I don't have the original box, and I don't really want to have to pack it up and post it anywhere.

Is anyone interested? If so, PM me, and I'll make sure it still powers up and outputs to a TV.
misterbleepy
Powering up...
Powering up...

Re: Free Series 1 TiVo in Cornwall (Newquay area)

Postby DX30 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:36 am

It might be worth removing the cachecard and putting it on ebay, they normally get a good price and are easier to post than a complete TiVo.
DX30
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby bandsp » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:27 pm

seems a pity to break up a working box ..

If mrbleeepy would be prepared to pack it, you can arrange a courier pick up & delivery for under £12 ..

have just rescued 3 tivo's .. can't handle any more
Still learning ..

Mainly because I tend to forget what I have already learned .. I think
bandsp
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby misterbleepy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:00 pm

Thanks for the replies so far. I've also had a PM, and I am considering what to do. I'll leave the decision until next week, so there's still time if anyone else out there wants to respond.
misterbleepy
Powering up...
Powering up...

Return to General