For sale series 1 Tivos

General Discussion

For sale series 1 Tivos

Postby chhym » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:16 pm

2 x series 1 TiVo's.
One has original drive and the second has been upgraded to 2 drives.
Pile of remotes ( 4 + ).
Original manual etc.

Reason for selling is that I could never get the alt TiVo image to install.
Seems to only work if you have cache card network as I could not find any details on dial up settings (not which number etc... but which option to select at install time.

Offers please. I need these to go by 10th Feb.

Please contact me off list at chhym at hotmail dot com

Chris
chhym
Powering up...
Powering up...

Re: For sale series 1 Tivos

Postby daveh » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:22 pm

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=500
daveh
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby chhym » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:11 pm

That appears once the install is complete.

I was being asked questions during the install which I could not answer.
chhym
Powering up...
Powering up...

Postby daveh » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:09 pm

Problem seems to be you were trying to unnecessarily download and install the alt Tivo image when everything works quite happily with dial-up on the already installed bog-standard Tivo system, if following the instructions in the previously provided web address.
daveh
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby mrtickle » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:37 pm

daveh wrote:Problem seems to be you were trying to unnecessarily download and install the alt Tivo image when everything works quite happily with dial-up on the already installed bog-standard Tivo system, if following the instructions in the previously provided web address.

It's a shame that someone has missed out on a full 18 months of usage of two tivos because of such a huge misunderstanding :shock:
--
links to my TiVo logos, TivoWebPlus 2.1.b3 UK-20120818, Tracker v3.3.3 & v3.3.4 (17th Jun 2013), GDchecker v1.06b, Digiguide checker v0.4.3-rc5 and Autospace v1.65 can all be found in this post.
mrtickle
TVGuide Admin
TVGuide Admin

Postby chhym » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:01 am

Did miss the use of them. Humax is OK but the TiVo season passes as so much better.
For missing out on 18months using standard TiVo and dial up, I used them up until the last day of analogue TV as I could not find a digital unit which TiVo could operate hence why I was going down alt Tivo image on one unit.

Still waiting for TiVo (the company) to open up the systems to anyone and have discussed this with TiVo staff at broadcast trade shows.
They were under the impression anyone and everyone could get a TiVo box in the UK....
chhym
Powering up...
Powering up...

Postby bri_tal » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:39 am

chhym wrote:Did miss the use of them. Humax is OK but the TiVo season passes as so much better.
For missing out on 18months using standard TiVo and dial up, I used them up until the last day of analogue TV as I could not find a digital unit which TiVo could operate hence why I was going down alt Tivo image on one unit.

Still waiting for TiVo (the company) to open up the systems to anyone and have discussed this with TiVo staff at broadcast trade shows.
They were under the impression anyone and everyone could get a TiVo box in the UK....

??? There are many digital stb's on the market which work well with Tivo series 1. Take a look at other threads in this forum.
bri_tal
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Return to General