Loss of analogue input from Freeview STB

General Discussion

Loss of analogue input from Freeview STB

Postby bandsp » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:19 am

Last night everything was fine .. today, TiVo isn't seeing any analogue co-ax input on channel 21 .

I have a Freeview STB with the scart output going to a scart to analogue co-ax converter .TiVo scart input is from a Sky box. I have the Freeview scart also connected to the VTR scart and it works fine on passthrough

The co-ax signal is passing through TiVo to the TV, but is degraded.

I have rebooted but it makes no difference .

A couple of days back it lost the ability to change channel on the Freeview box, but Yesterday is the main Freeview channel we watch, so I took the other channels out of the watched list.

It looks as though TiVos analogue circuits have packed .. (I do have a spare box, but hope to avoid switching everything around.)

Advice please...
Still learning ..

Mainly because I tend to forget what I have already learned .. I think
bandsp
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Re: Loss of analogue input from Freeview STB

Postby DX30 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Are you sure it is the TiVo?

What happens if you connect the RF signal directly to the TV? Do you then get a good picture?

Does the normal Freeview stb remote change channels OK? If the TiVo IR blaster failed then the Sky box wouldn't change channel either. That suggests a problem specific to the Freeveiw stb. If the normal remote works OK then I'd investigate the positioning of the Freeview stb in relation to either the TiVo front panel IR blaster or IR wand, depending on which you use.

What happens if you set the Sky box RF output to 21 and plug that into the TiVo? That will let you test the TiVo RF input using a different RF source.

Also when doing the tests unplug the TiVo from the mains and only plug it back in again once you have connected a working RF input source. I've had problems in the past doing it the other way round - the TiVo seemed to look for RF input when it started up and if none was found at that time would remember it had no RF input and never look for it again, no matter what I did.
DX30
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Loss of analogue input from Freeview STB

Postby bandsp » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:25 pm

DX30 wrote:Also when doing the tests unplug the TiVo from the mains and only plug it back in again once you have connected a working RF input source. I've had problems in the past doing it the other way round - the TiVo seemed to look for RF input when it started up and if none was found at that time would remember it had no RF input and never look for it again, no matter what I did.

Ah ..

I had switched everything off and on at the wall (for some reason which escapes me for the moment) .. tried it again and now I have analogue OK .. for some reason, maybe, the scart/anologue converter may have been late coming up and TiVo missed it.

thanks, now have to redo the IR codes for the Freeview STB .. life aint easy.....
Still learning ..

Mainly because I tend to forget what I have already learned .. I think
bandsp
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Return to General