Daily call failing

General Discussion

Daily call failing

Postby bandsp » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:07 am

Having a lot of trouble with daily calls lately (since switching IP to Talktalk, but no one else is reporting problem, so can't be them).

TiVo service number ends "F7D3" .. Sky (Free) on Scart & Freeview on RF input (via STB & Digi/analogue converter)

Not always the same error. Get "call Interrupted" and "Failed: Unknown error"

Strangest (to me) (when looking at message details) is...

"File POST failed:error reading HTTP header, reason = Success"

but there are others. (tried to get them on screen with TivoWeb to copy / paste into the post, but doesn't work.

Has worked after doing Test call and after resetting the router, but has also worked after several successive tries.

I am not aware of any problems using the net for browsing or downloading other stuff.

Using TPlink WiFi connection to router

edit .. 26 April .. there have been problems in the past with download on talktalk (Only dial-up though .. as I recall)
Last edited by bandsp on Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Still learning ..

Mainly because I tend to forget what I have already learned .. I think
bandsp
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Re: Daily call failing

Postby Georg » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:47 pm

I am getting very similar problems. I'm also with TalkTalk, but have been for years with no problems before now. My Tivo is/was connecting via the internal modem. I was getting intermittent problems recently, like 'Call interupted', 'Unknown fault' and now 'Failed. Couldn't connect'. It's very frustrating.

Please help.
Georg
Powering up...
Powering up...

Postby bandsp » Thu May 02, 2013 7:53 am

Since moving my router about a foot and raising it 4 inches everything seems OK .. must have been something to to with wifi connection to the TiVo .. (about 20' and several walls away.)
Still learning ..

Mainly because I tend to forget what I have already learned .. I think
bandsp
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby rondun » Thu May 09, 2013 10:32 am

Having a similar problem with a BT Homehub 3 - it's been a nightmare with interference on the channels causing problems with accessing a wifi printer & tivoweb.
Only refreshing the router / changing wifi channel solved the problem - but for some reason daily call & daily mail always seemed to work. Until the past few days where I'm getting the call interrupted message.
Had to restart the router, go into tivoweb and force a daily call from there to get daily call to work.
Never had any issues with my previous router.
rondun
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby Georg » Mon May 20, 2013 8:49 pm

I concluded the modem must have died, it has worked for 11 years. All sorted now with a Cachecard and new HDD with AltEPG.
Georg
Powering up...
Powering up...

Return to General