What to do with old TIVO?

General Discussion

What to do with old TIVO?

Postby sasperella » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:03 pm

Hi,

We have an unmodded PVR-10-UK Tivo box which we haven't used for probably 4 years. We did have lifetime subscription with it and when my dad recently asked if he could connect a HDR to his Sky box I immediately thought he'd be able to use it, but after a quick browse it seems Tivo stopped the service in 2011. So is there anything I can do to get it up and running again - fairly cheaply, or is there a market to sell these old boxes?

Thanks
sasperella
Powering up...
Powering up...

Re: What to do with old TIVO?

Postby cerihp » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:21 am

Look on this forum under 'Installation & Configuration' at the post titled 'Connecting an Existing TiVo Image to AltEPG (via Dial-UP)'. You may have to browse some of the more recent posts to check which dial-in numbers still work; I use a network connection so haven't kept up with the details myself, and at least one of the original alternative EPG numbers is no longer in service.
--
...........................................................Ceri.
cerihp
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby sasperella » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:46 pm

Thanks for that info, but just wondering whether AltEPG still works?

I went to the website which is all up and running it so it seems until I tried to register and got a webpage error. I've emailed the contact email to ask if it's still supported but no response.

Beginning to think I might just clear the box of our data and stick it and Freegle for anyone who wants it
sasperella
Powering up...
Powering up...

Postby healeydave » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:06 pm

What page error did you get?

I'm not aware of any problems, everything should be up and running but I will go try and create a new account just to check its working. Did you enter the right capatcha details or was it some kind of database error!?

I just also sent a test message to info@altepg.com too which came through ok, so I don't know why your message didn't arrive but the reason you didn't get a reply is because I have no other emails sent to that address recently.
Keeping the dream alive.
healeydave
AltEPG Team
AltEPG Team

Postby healeydave » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:22 pm

UPDATE:

Nope, no problems that I can see, I just created a new account and added a TiVo to it without issue.
Keeping the dream alive.
healeydave
AltEPG Team
AltEPG Team

Postby sasperella » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:35 am

works ok now, not sure what happened before

Thanks
sasperella
Powering up...
Powering up...

Return to General