Recorded Programmes not what it says on the tin.

General Discussion

Recorded Programmes not what it says on the tin.

Postby The maverick » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:12 am

Increasingly more and more recordings when played are not what it says on the label in now playing. Any suggestions?
The maverick
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Recorded Programmes not what it says on the tin.

Postby steveroe » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:38 pm

What's the source that feeds the Tivo?
At the start of the recording do you see the channel change, and does it change to the correct channel?
steveroe
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby The maverick » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:49 pm

I'm never around to watch but will set some up later and check. Using free channels on sky. Have also noticed in recent weeks the sky menu doesn't look like it used to whewn it had BBC 1 101 at the top now its a struggle to find BBC 1 and it shows channels in the 500s where it used to start at 101
The maverick
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby mrtickle » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:28 pm

This sounds like a continuation of the 3-page thread you started before called "Season Pass that doesn't record"... there was a lot of help on that thread, but the last post was left hanging for your answer?

We've established before that your problem isn't to do with the Guide Data so I've moved the thread out of the TVguide sub-forum. :)
--
links to my TiVo logos, TivoWebPlus 2.1.b3 UK-20120818, Tracker v3.3.3 & v3.3.4 (17th Jun 2013), GDchecker v1.06b, Digiguide checker v0.4.3-rc5 and Autospace v1.65 can all be found in this post.
mrtickle
TVGuide Admin
TVGuide Admin

Postby The maverick » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:32 pm

I have set up a recording for 104 channel four at 6.30 and it types up 104 but says channel unavailable. It also says channel unavailable if I try live TV and 101. This would appeare to be connected with the fact that all to 10x channels have disappeared from my sky TV all channels guide. What's happened?
The maverick
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby DX30 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:10 pm

From the symptoms I think your Sky box is faulty. If the channels have disappeared on the Sky box the TiVo won't be able to record them. One common cause for this sort of behaviour is a failing power supply in the Sky box.

You will have to get the Sky box working properly. First try unplugging the Sky box from the mains for a few minutes and see if that helps. You could also try without the viewing card - you will lose the regional stations but see if you get BBC1 London on 101.

If that doesn't get the channels in the right numbers on the Sky box you could look at a replacement Sky box from ebay. Alternatively you could try a repair using a kit from Satcure http://www.satcure.co.uk/accs/page12.htm#grundigkits but that is a bit of a gamble as it may not be the power supply.
DX30
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby The maverick » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:13 pm

I cant remember what I did but I went through the sky box menu possibly add channels or something like it and they are now back. Have still to test tivi recording since doing this.
The maverick
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Return to General