Help - Need to enable RGB+PAL *blind*

General Discussion

Help - Need to enable RGB+PAL *blind*

Postby Milhouse » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:22 am

Hi

My TiVo is connected to my AVR by SCART into a component adaptor, and I've just accidentally configured the TiVo for PAL only output so now I've got nothing on the screen and can't see anything to re-enable RGB+PAL!

Could someone be so kind as to detail the button presses required to re-enable RGB+PAL?! ie. from the Main Menu: 4x down, 6x down, select, 2x down, right, etc. etc. until RGB+PAL is enabled?

Many thanks...
Milhouse
Almost there...
Almost there...

Re: Help - Need to enable RGB+PAL *blind*

Postby Milhouse » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:21 am

Phew, OK - panic over! Remembered the TiVo had RF output, found an RF cable and then for the first time ever did an RF scan on the TV and found the TiVo again!

How to enable RGB+PAL "blind":

"TOP" means press up until you hear the "bong" indicating you are at the top of the list. "Down" key presses are relative to this initial position.

1. Enter the TiVo Menu (ie. Now Playing, Watch Live TV, Programmes to Record, Messages & Setup)
2. TOP, 3 Down (Messages & Setup), OK
3. TOP, 2 Down (Recorder & Phone Setup), OK
4. TOP, 4 Down (SCART Settings), OK
5. TOP, 2 Down (Video Output to TV), OK
6. TOP, 1 Down (RGB and PAL), OK
Milhouse
Almost there...
Almost there...

Postby mrtickle » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:14 pm

Milhouse wrote:Phew, OK - panic over! Remembered the TiVo had RF output, found an RF cable and then for the first time ever did an RF scan on the TV and found the TiVo again!

How to enable RGB+PAL "blind":

"TOP" means press up until you hear the "bong" indicating you are at the top of the list. "Down" key presses are relative to this initial position.

1. Enter the TiVo Menu (ie. Now Playing, Watch Live TV, Programmes to Record, Messages & Setup)
2. TOP, 3 Down (Messages & Setup), OK
3. TOP, 2 Down (Recorder & Phone Setup), OK
4. TOP, 4 Down (SCART Settings), OK
5. TOP, 2 Down (Video Output to TV), OK
6. TOP, 1 Down (RGB and PAL), OK

Glad you got that sorted!

Being really picky, bear in mind that "Messages & Setup" is only 3 down from the top because we're missing Inside TiVo and Channel Highlights from the main menu. If we ever did get some cobbled together Showcases back ( :wink: ) it's safer to say "press Chan page down" to move to the bottom entry.
--
links to my TiVo logos, TivoWebPlus 2.1.b3 UK-20120818, Tracker v3.3.3 & v3.3.4 (17th Jun 2013), GDchecker v1.06b, Digiguide checker v0.4.3-rc5 and Autospace v1.65 can all be found in this post.
mrtickle
TVGuide Admin
TVGuide Admin

Postby Milhouse » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:16 pm

Or just press down until it "bongs" :)

Fair point, although I'm kinda assuming we won't be getting any new menu items any time soon...
Milhouse
Almost there...
Almost there...

Return to General