Talktalk Youview STB

General Discussion

Talktalk Youview STB

Postby bandsp » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:58 pm

I have just signed up for Youview .. (free with the broadband package) and got the STB .

I know there is a problem with it going to sleep if not used, but plan to (at least partly) overcome that by putting a low priority 5 minute record every 8 hours, just keeping 1 recording.

However the problem is the IR codes ..

I have run irSliceCreator and TiVo appears to have learned the codes .. however, when I (using irSliceCreator) try to test them, the STB is not reacting .. I have tried all frequencies, with no joy ..

Has any successfully used TiVo with this box?
Still learning ..

Mainly because I tend to forget what I have already learned .. I think
bandsp
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Re: Talktalk Youview STB

Postby bandsp » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:46 pm

OK .. seems not .. I am, it seems, the trailblazer here .. (Not a position I am comfortable with)

I must be doing something wrong, can't think what, but I didn't have any trouble getting the IR codes for a previous box ..

I have tried a dummy run to learn the Sky ir codes and, again, learning appears OK, but the Sky box doesn't react when trying to get the frequency .. I have used option 2 (find transmit frequency) with no reaction and have run irSliceCreator.sh using all frequencies from 31 to 68 to use option 6.

Is there a step I could be missing between learning and finding the frequency ..

All help appreciated
Still learning ..

Mainly because I tend to forget what I have already learned .. I think
bandsp
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Return to General