Aux bypass not working with sky+hd

General Discussion

Aux bypass not working with sky+hd

Postby cerihp » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:29 am

Hi.

I've just upgraded to Sky+HD, as it was cheaper than getting someone out to look at my faulty Sky+ box! Guided setup went fine and everything is working as expected, except that I cannot use Aux Bypass any more; when I press it the screen briefly flashes up the right image, but then the TV switches to its internal tuner, as it doesn't think it is getting a valid signal from TiVo. I can watch live TV through the TiVo, and recordings are fine, it is just bypass that isn't working.

Anyone else have this problem, or any ideas?

Thanx!
--
...........................................................Ceri.
cerihp
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Re: Aux bypass not working with sky+hd

Postby mrtickle » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:06 pm

Hmm, sounds like "scart control" isn't on in the Sky+HD settings?
Services / Settings / Picture. Set Scart control to "On" and Scart video output to "RGB". These probably aren't defaults.

cerihp wrote: recordings are fine, it is just bypass that isn't working.

I bet recordings are being made from the Sky+HD box's composite output as well, as without the scart control being set it doesn't know to take the RGB signal. But it might be hard to tell the difference.
--
links to my TiVo logos, TivoWebPlus 2.1.b3 UK-20120818, Tracker v3.3.3 & v3.3.4 (17th Jun 2013), GDchecker v1.06b, Digiguide checker v0.4.3-rc5 and Autospace v1.65 can all be found in this post.
mrtickle
TVGuide Admin
TVGuide Admin

Postby cerihp » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:43 pm

mrtickle wrote:Hmm, sounds like "scart control" isn't on in the Sky+HD settings?
Services / Settings / Picture. Set Scart control to "On" and Scart video output to "RGB". These probably aren't defaults.

cerihp wrote: recordings are fine, it is just bypass that isn't working.

I bet recordings are being made from the Sky+HD box's composite output as well, as without the scart control being set it doesn't know to take the RGB signal. But it might be hard to tell the difference.

Brilliant. That's done the trick.

Thanx!
--
...........................................................Ceri.
cerihp
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby mrtickle » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:04 pm

cool you're welcome :)
--
links to my TiVo logos, TivoWebPlus 2.1.b3 UK-20120818, Tracker v3.3.3 & v3.3.4 (17th Jun 2013), GDchecker v1.06b, Digiguide checker v0.4.3-rc5 and Autospace v1.65 can all be found in this post.
mrtickle
TVGuide Admin
TVGuide Admin

Return to General