TiVoWebPlus user guide?

General Discussion

TiVoWebPlus user guide?

Postby reh » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:01 pm

My ailing TiVo has been cured (fingers crossed) thanks to a new HDD from tivoland (thanks, Dave!). However, the new drive comes with TiVoWebPlus v2.1.b3 - very different to the TiVoWeb v1.9.4 I'm used to. It looks like it It looks like it could be a big improvement, but it's far from clear to me what all the options are (took me quite a while to even figure out what the mysterious "PS" column in the ToDo list was, for instance).

Is there a user guide to v2 anywhere? I have tried Googling for TiVoWebPlus instructions or user guide or manual, but every hit seems to be about instructions on installing/setting up TWP, not actually navigating around it.

If not, could someone answer a specific question about the 'Blocking Patterns' option? It says it can match on episode names, descriptions and day/time - can it also match on season number? Eg - can I use "big bang theory"+!(s8 (say) to pre-select all old season episodes for deletion?

Thanks!
reh
Almost there...
Almost there...

Re: TiVoWebPlus user guide?

Postby nick1austin » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:40 am

Since on-one has helped might I point out that Altepg1.0d has three versions of TiVoWeb installed. To change which one runs edit the file /etc/dflt_sysinit.conf and edit the line that starts tivoweb_version=...
nick1austin
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Re: TiVoWebPlus user guide?

Postby reh » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:49 pm

Hi Nick,

Only just spotted your response on here, as no notification e-mail received for some reason (perhaps I didn't tick the right box to request them).

I might have been tempted to swap back to v1.9.4 (assuming that was an option) two weeks ago. But I am slowly getting used to the new version, and am finding some of the new features very useful (now I've finally figured out how to use the Blocking Patterns!). So I will probably stick with this version now. But good to know that changing versions is an option. And thanks for responding (I was beginning to wonder if *anyone* else was using the forum - my posts were getting a fair few views, but I'm now wondering if they were mostly/all just Google's web crawler bots!).
reh
Almost there...
Almost there...

Return to General