Is this Data Corruption?? Not seen it happen before...

General Discussion

Is this Data Corruption?? Not seen it happen before...

Postby a_tivo_noob » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:28 pm

Ok, so first off, don't judge me on the programmes on this list (it's the wife's stuff - I'm lucky if I get to change channel, let alone record stuff!)

As you can see, most programmes prior to last night have suddently decided to change their recorded date back to January (all were recorded over the last week)

Clicking on "24 hours in police custody" does reveal the correct date the item was aired / recorded, as you can see below.

Is this a system / data corruption, or a bug?

Some recent recordings have also disappeared.
a_tivo_noob
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Re: Is this Data Corruption?? Not seen it happen before...

Postby steveroe » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:04 pm

You may have inadvertently enabled "sortnp" which I think is available on AltEPG images: http://www.TC.co.uk/hacks/sortnp.php
steveroe
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby a_tivo_noob » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:22 pm

cheers for the tip - will double check shortly... she could have done anything!!!

Would that change the recorded date though?

(ie. Big Blue Live has only been on for the past week, but as you can see, it has been given a date of January!)
a_tivo_noob
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby a_tivo_noob » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:02 pm

steveroe wrote:You may have inadvertently enabled "sortnp" which I think is available on AltEPG images: http://www.TC.co.uk/hacks/sortnp.php
well, sorting it has resolved the issue (though having messed about it definitely doesn't appear to be what happened initially!)

Thanks for the tip / solution - dates all correct:
a_tivo_noob
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby mrtickle » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:42 pm

a_tivo_noob wrote:cheers for the tip - will double check shortly... she could have done anything!!!

Glad you got it sorted. To answer the question - yes, of course :-). The TiVo User Interface software sorts Now Playing by date. There's nothing anyone outside of TiVo in San Jose, California can ever do to change this! The "sortnp" mod is a hack, and it works by changing all the dates of all the recordings in the Now Playing list, so that when the TiVo UI sorts them all into descending date order with the newest first, their titles appear listed in various different orders.

(luckily, a recording's date is stored in more than one place, as your "24 hours..." screenshot demonstrates nicely, which is the only reason it's possible to ever put the actual dates back. Otherwise it would be a one-way trip!)

The clue that someone had run sortnp is in those titles

24 hours...
Abducted
Big blue live
Booze...
Epilepsy and Me
Family Guy

Hope that helps explain why, it's understandably confusing as all the hacks have to tip-toe around the main interface, there's little screen space for instructions, and it isn't always obvious what's going on. :) . For instance, the "sortnp" hack and the "autospace" hack (which shows the space used graphical bar) both share the bit of screen at the top.
Last edited by mrtickle on Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
--
links to my TiVo logos, TivoWebPlus 2.1.b3 UK-20120818, Tracker v3.3.3 & v3.3.4 (17th Jun 2013), GDchecker v1.06b, Digiguide checker v0.4.3-rc5 and Autospace v1.65 can all be found in this post.
mrtickle
TVGuide Admin
TVGuide Admin

Postby a_tivo_noob » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:20 am

mrtickle wrote:
a_tivo_noob wrote:cheers for the tip - will double check shortly... she could have done anything!!!

Glad you got it sorted. To answer the question - yes, of course :-). The TiVo User Interface software sorts Now Playing by date. There's nothing anyone outside of TiVo in San Jose, California can ever do to change this! The "sortnp" mod is a hack, and it works by changing all the dates of all the recordings in the Now Playing list, so that when the TiVo UI sorts them all into descending date order with the newest first, their titles appear listed in various different orders.

(luckily, a recording's date is stored in more than one place, as your "24 hours..." screenshot demonstrates nicely, which is the only reason it's possible to ever put the actual dates back. Otherwise it would be a one-way trip!)

The clue that someone had run sortnp is in those titles

24 hours...
Abducted
Big blue live
Booze...
Epilepsy and Me
Family Guy

Hope that helps explain why, it's understandably confusing as all the hacks have to tip-toe around the main interface, there's little screen space for instructions, and it isn't always obvious what's going on. :) . For instance, the "sortnp" hack and the "autospace" hack (which shows the space used graphical bar) both share the bit of screen at the top.
Thanks for the clarification! :) wonder how this has (accidentally) happened then - other than someone accidentally sitting on the remote control! :)
a_tivo_noob
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby steveroe » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:00 pm

a_tivo_noob wrote:wonder how this has (accidentally) happened then - other than someone accidentally sitting on the remote control! :)

That's exactly how it happens round here :roll:
steveroe
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Return to General