UK Tivo S1 in Oz

General Discussion

UK Tivo S1 in Oz

Postby zermatt14 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:59 am

Hi,
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere. I'm thinking of moving to Australia and taking my UK Tivo with me. Is there an equivalent AltEPG for loading Oz programs info/updating sys clock? I'm just a old-fashioned dial-up user. Could the addition of a network card solve the problem?

Thanx
zermatt14
Powering up...
Powering up...

Re: UK Tivo S1 in Oz

Postby gcobb » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:24 am

The Australian Tivo community is what inspired the AltEPG service. I don't know their current status but the AltEPG service software came from them (with some further adaptations of our own). They used the same hardware (Series 1 Tivo) but I don't know if they ran special software on the Tivo.

In the early days one or two of their team read our forums but I presume they do not any more. I suggest you start at http://www.oztivo.net.

By the way, we don't say it enough, but the whole AltEPG community should be very grateful to the OzTivo people, who provided inspiration, software and help.
gcobb
AltEPG Team
AltEPG Team

Re: UK Tivo S1 in Oz

Postby mrtickle » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:40 am

gcobb wrote:By the way, we don't say it enough, but the whole AltEPG community should be very grateful to the OzTivo people, who provided inspiration, software and help.

Absolutely. It was a fantastic collaboration project. While we were enjoying our Tribune service from 2000-2011, they were busy setting up the OzTiVo service. They were fantastic at sharing what they had and we wouldn't be here 4 1/2 years later if it wasn't for them!
--
links to my TiVo logos, TivoWebPlus 2.1.b3 UK-20120818, Tracker v3.3.3 & v3.3.4 (17th Jun 2013), GDchecker v1.06b, Digiguide checker v0.4.3-rc5 and Autospace v1.65 can all be found in this post.
mrtickle
TVGuide Admin
TVGuide Admin

Return to General