Problems downloading EPG data via POTS

General Discussion

Re: Problems downloading EPG data via POTS

Postby positor1 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:33 am

update.
Trying to complete guided setup on a known good machine that also didn't fail with GSOD recently results in GSOD

Why some tivos are not affected I cant say but for those of us that are I suggest abandon all repair attempts until after tonights slice (sat 17th sep 16)
positor1
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby positor1 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:22 am

update 2/
Of the two machines that are still running.
One had multiple reboots on Friday but has recovered and is working
the other says call failed, has no reboots and is working
hope this helps
positor1
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby mrtickle » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:50 pm

For now, don't let your TiVo perform any daily calls - if there's an error in the slices then you're better off not downloading that slice...
--
links to my TiVo logos, TivoWebPlus 2.1.b3 UK-20120818, Tracker v3.3.3 & v3.3.4 (17th Jun 2013), GDchecker v1.06b, Digiguide checker v0.4.3-rc5 and Autospace v1.65 can all be found in this post.
mrtickle
TVGuide Admin
TVGuide Admin

Postby positor1 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:39 pm

TiVo has completed GS successfully
I selected just the nonag channel and then added others after the data had finished unpacking and indexing.
May not have any relevance, just putting it out there in case it helps anyone else.
positor1
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby chrispayne » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:12 pm

Hi I two have the green screen error

hope this can be sorted soon

thanks
chrispayne
Powering up...
Powering up...

Postby bigwold1 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:21 am

Both mine are now OK! I did nothing to them but before I got around to disconnecting them No2 was successful around midday yesterday. Reconnected them both this morning and No2 still OK but No1 had a few GSOD but has now been successful. Both have guide data to the 28th.

Just to reiterate, I did nothing to them and they both appear to be OK now. I'll leave the explanation to someone else!
bigwold1
Powering up...
Powering up...

Postby mrtickle » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:06 am

bigwold1 wrote:I'll leave the explanation to someone else!

We had some bad slices of guide data on the server, and they have been fixed. :mrgreen:

Sorry to all for the hiccup. To be fair it's only the 2nd time bad data has triggered a nationwide GSOD since May 2011 :oops:
--
links to my TiVo logos, TivoWebPlus 2.1.b3 UK-20120818, Tracker v3.3.3 & v3.3.4 (17th Jun 2013), GDchecker v1.06b, Digiguide checker v0.4.3-rc5 and Autospace v1.65 can all be found in this post.
mrtickle
TVGuide Admin
TVGuide Admin

Postby Teepee » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:56 pm

Tivos starting to come good again now. Many thanks to those involved in the necessary fix.
Teepee.
Teepee
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby Furbag » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:29 pm

mrtickle wrote:
We had some bad slices of guide data on the server, and they have been fixed. :mrgreen:

Sorry to all for the hiccup. To be fair it's only the 2nd time bad data has triggered a nationwide GSOD since May 2011 :oops:

Excellent, please pass on my thanks to those that fiddled, bet there was a few brown trousers this weekend for the fiddlers.

As Mr T would say "dont mess with my slices..... sucker" :lol: :lol:
Furbag
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby rondun » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:40 pm

Hmm - mine is still stuck in a GSOD reboot loop. every 5 minutes- I can pretty much set my watch by it.

Tried with and without it being connected to network. I had cancelled my new HDD order once I saw this thread, but maybe that was premature!

Any ideas?
rondun
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby nick1austin » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:24 am

rondun wrote:Hmm - mine is still stuck in a GSOD reboot loop. every 5 minutes- I can pretty much set my watch by it.

If it's still doing it I'd try a 'Clear Programme Data & To Do List'. That will clear the data but keep recordings and season passes. You'll need to re-create any manual recordings though. Also you'll need to log into http://www.altepg.com and do a 'Clear Download Logs' to make it download the EPG again.
nick1austin
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby jrg » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:09 am

rondun wrote:Hmm - mine is still stuck in a GSOD reboot loop. every 5 minutes- I can pretty much set my watch by it.

Tried with and without it being connected to network.

Likewise, only shorter than 5 minutes, whether the network is plugged in or not.

I can see from the AltEPG interface that mine last called in and downloaded early Friday am, which would fit with when it "broke".

What's the easiest procedure to resurrect it, anyone?
jrg
Almost there...
Almost there...

Postby tivomark » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:03 am

What's the easiest procedure to resurrect it, anyone?

I tried 'Clear Programme Data & To Do List' first (on Saturday) but the daily call just reloaded the bad slices (because at the time I did not know this was the root cause).

Performing a Guided Setup (on Sunday) brought everything back to goodness!

Except... both my Tivos exhibit the emuproxy-related "failed daily-call" problem (see http://www.altepg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1655) which can be worked around by setting the dial-in config code to 126 after each reboot. (There is a permanent way to fix this.) No way to tell if these issues are in any way related, but the short answer is that repeating Guided Setup did the business for me. YMMV!

Many thanks to all those who resolved the issue with the EPG - ourTivos live again!
tivomark
Powering up...
Powering up...

Postby rondun » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:41 pm

nick1austin wrote:If it's still doing it I'd try a 'Clear Programme Data & To Do List'. That will clear the data but keep recordings and season passes. You'll need to re-create any manual recordings though.

tivomark wrote: the short answer is that repeating Guided Setup did the business for me. YMMV!

Unfortunately, the reboot loop doesn't offer either opportunity, it just goes to green screen for a couple of minutes and then restarts :( - unless someone knows a way around it?
rondun
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby Mike Sugar » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:20 pm

Have you tried implementing kickstart 57 or 58?
Mike Sugar
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

PreviousNext

Return to General