TiVo Series One's available

General Discussion

TiVo Series One's available

Postby jmaye » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:53 am

I have finally succumbed to Virgin. Not because of the wonderful service I have experienced here but because I am sick of Sky and BT. Over the years I have accumulated 3 Series One boxes. None have been butchered, although that was my original intention. I am offering all three to anyone that needs them for parts. I am based in Berkshire and happy to meet somewhere in the area if anyone is interested.
Last edited by jmaye on Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jmaye
Powering up...
Powering up...

Re: TiVo Series One's available

Postby jmaye » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:09 pm

Should have said. One is working. One may need a new PSU and the other one I bought as a spare and have never unboxed but was sold as working. All free to good homes :-)
jmaye
Powering up...
Powering up...

Postby The maverick » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:56 pm

As a TiVo user I never have any dealings with Sky or BT. Am I doing something wrong?
The maverick
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby jmaye » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:33 pm

I have Sky satellite and BT for phone and sick of both of them so moving the lot to Virgin and of course I get a shiny new TiVo into the bargain. Hence offering my old boxes.
jmaye
Powering up...
Powering up...

Postby Teepee » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:32 pm

Hi Jmaye.

I would be happy to pick any of them up and give them a good home. Let's leave it until next week though in case anyone else needs one as I do have several already. Cheers,

Teepee.
Teepee
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby jmaye » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:59 am

Hi Teepee

If you want them they are yours. I am near Newbury but can meet you anywhere. PM me and we can organise what you want. I have at least two remotes - there may be more in the one I did not unbox. Any cables you want - they're yours . . .

thanks
Jackie
jmaye
Powering up...
Powering up...

Postby Teepee » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:50 am

pm sent
Teepee
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby Furbag » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:52 pm

jmaye wrote:I have Sky satellite and BT for phone and sick of both of them so moving the lot to Virgin and of course I get a shiny new TiVo into the bargain.

Welcome to the world of TiVo lag :roll:

While 3 turners are great, the ridculous amount of lag between menu's and just trying to play a programme is awful, and if you reboot the blasted thing you'll have time to boil the kettle make a cuppa and even pop down the shops for some biscuits :lol:
My networked Series 1 TiVo is quicker in all of the above even with eleventy billion hacks.
Furbag
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Return to General