registration of a new tivo

General Discussion

registration of a new tivo

Postby dotdot » Sat May 13, 2017 8:54 pm

hello all.

after much to-ing an fro-in with my last tivo - one of you kindly created a new image on a drive for me.
I have now put this info another tivo - and .... am stuck at the registration of another tivo section.

understandably - i have an id for the registration of a tivo and one for the forum...

but can i register it ? nope... can i reset my password ? nope....
without this - i'm not going to get an epg.. which lends itself to ground zero ! ;<

can anyone suggest a way through ?

..faling this - i'll go back with new drive to old tivo (noisey..) - and see how i get on
dotdot
Almost there...
Almost there...

Re: registration of a new tivo

Postby Pegasus » Fri May 19, 2017 9:54 am

I can't make out where you've got stuck. Log-in to your AltEPG account at http://www.altepg.com/index.html then click on Add a Tivo. Enter the box's service number and connection method. The service number is written on the back of the Tivo.
Pegasus
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Re: registration of a new tivo

Postby dotdot » Sat May 20, 2017 6:13 pm

Pegasus wrote:I can't make out where you've got stuck. Log-in to your AltEPG account at http://www.altepg.com/index.html then click on Add a Tivo. Enter the box's service number and connection method. The service number is written on the back of the Tivo.

There's two accounts one for registration and one for the forum - I couldn't login to the former.
I requested a password reset - but nothing came through...( I think I’ve had the problem in the past - then nothing happened either - I think the reminder form/job is broken , and of course yes I checked my spam folder)

In the end I registered again using a different id it worked. All in all not perhaps how it should have worked but I got to where I needed to be.

thanks again - for your help
dotdot
Almost there...
Almost there...

Return to General