TiVos available - Yorkshire

General Discussion

TiVos available - Yorkshire

Postby bigflyer » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:46 am

Hi, we've moved to Sky Q here, so my beloved TiVos are no longer used. They're free to anyone who wants them and can either collect them or pay for postage

There are two TiVos. One was working fine until it was no longer used. That one has an cachecard card in it (with 512MB RAM) and big drives (2x1TB?). The other TiVo was a spare, and I haven't used it for real (just powered it up to make sure it wasn't totally dead). I have another cachecard card (no RAM) that was meant to go in the second one, but is still sitting on a shelf.

There are also a couple of old Sky boxes that I had connected the TiVos to that I no longer need which you can have as well if you wish.

Let me know if you're interested. I live near Huddersfield.
bigflyer
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Re: TiVos available - Yorkshire

Postby AndyWilson » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:48 pm

Hi,
I'd be interested (in everything except maybe the sky boxes).
Can the sky boxes do anything for me if I've never had Sky?
Also, how much would you want for postage/hassle and how would I get the money to you?
Cheers,
Andy
AndyWilson
Almost there...
Almost there...

Postby bigflyer » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:35 am

The Sky boxes will be useless unless you have a satellite dish (you could use them for FreeSat if you have a dish but don't have a Sky subscription). I was just offering them because they're useless to me, and may be useful to someone else. If you don't want them, that's fine. They'll probably just end up on eBay for a fiver or in a skip.

I'll have to work out how much the postage will be and get back to you on that. Are you in the UK?

If the postage is OK, then you'd be able to pay by Paypal.
bigflyer
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby AndyWilson » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:00 pm

Yeh, UK mainland.
When I read Yorkshire, I thought, if it's North Yorkshire I can pick them up. But Huddersfield is a bit too far for me.

I won't take the Sky boxes, thanks - no dish, and unlikely to be getting one.
Can you remember if the HDDs are Sata or IDE?
Cheers,
Andy
AndyWilson
Almost there...
Almost there...

Return to General