Sony VTX D800U freeview box audio issue

General Discussion

Sony VTX D800U freeview box audio issue

Postby Furbag » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:03 pm

Hi folks

Having a slight sound issue with the Sony VTX D800U freeview box but only on radio channels :?

When a radio channel is selected it starts to play the audio but after a few seconds it cuts out the screen goes blank and then another screen shows up but still no audio.

This seems to happen on all radio channels, below is a short video that shows whats happening

https://youtu.be/YdOjB3uSy_M

You can get the audio back if for instance you enter the menu system of the box but as soon as you exit it and go back to the plain channel you lose the audio again :? any ideas, it only occurs on radio channels, TV channels are fine, have any others had this issue with this box ??
Furbag
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Re: Sony VTX D800U freeview box audio issue

Postby steveroe » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:13 am

I also have this box and have just tried to replicate the problem - the same happens here for me as well. It looks like when the MHEG application loads the audio channel is lost. I can't see any way to disable MHEG on this box so I guess we're at the mercy of the BBC updating their MHEG app to fix it.

You could try talking to the BBC and/or Sony, but given the age of the box I wouldn't hold out much hope :cry:
steveroe
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby Furbag » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:38 pm

Thanks Steve, was wondering if it was a local issue or a wider problem, looks like as you have found its across the board :roll:

As you say the box is well old now and Sony stopped supporting it a while back now, I did find some people had similar but with regular channels and their fix was to leave it switched off for a while, well I tried that over a 6hr period but no such joy still does the same :cry:

So it may be time to look for another free view box I suppose but the Sonys have been so reliable over the years and work exceptionally well with TiVo, are there any others that are as stable and work happily with TiVo.
Furbag
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby Pegasus » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:22 pm

I get the same problem on all radio channels (not just BBC, e.g. Classic FM), it freezes after a few seconds and sound disappears. Different Sony boxes but all the same, so it looks like a software issue (as steveroe said).
Pegasus
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Postby Furbag » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:44 pm

Well after a couple of weeks of this problem its now gone away and all radio channels working fine :?

The sound keeps working even after the ident application loads up

Technology eh :lol: :lol: :lol:
Furbag
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby steveroe » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:19 am

Furbag wrote:Well after a couple of weeks of this problem its now gone away and all radio channels working fine :?

The sound keeps working even after the ident application loads up

Technology eh :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good news! Suspect the BBC updated the MHEG app
steveroe
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby Lubbers » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:45 pm

This is good news indeed. Well, it's news to me at least. It only took them how long? Lol
Lubbers
Powering up...
Powering up...

Return to General