Tivo Wanted

General Discussion

Tivo Wanted

Postby baggy99 » Fri May 04, 2018 1:43 pm

Hi All
My Tivo disk died a couple of years ago, and the thought of setting up a new disk doesn't really inspire me (!) so the poor thing has languished there ever since.
I am now looking for a replacement unit, c/w network card, running AltEPG. I may be able to collect, or alternatively I'm happy to pay for carriage. I can even send an original Tivo box to pack it in if necessary!
Has anyone got a working unit going "spare", either free to good home, or available for the price of a pint?
Thanks
Mike
baggy99
Powering up...
Powering up...

Re: Tivo Wanted

Postby Mike Sugar » Sat May 05, 2018 6:20 am

Hi,

Should you want to consider the option of opening up one of your Tivos in order to replace its HDD, I would be
prepared to make the following offer.

I would ask you to purchase a new HDD, either IDE/PATA or SATA, mailing it to me, when I would write on
the Altepg image. If your existing Tivos are running IDE/PATA drives, the SATA HDD option would require
you to also purchase an IDE to SATA drive adapter, where the "Startech" brand is about the only one
that is compatible with Tivo.

I would return your HDD within (48) hours when it would be for you to go through the lengthy process
of guided set up.

I would only ask that you pay postage costs each way.

Best wishes.

Mike.
Mike Sugar
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby asfafa » Sun May 06, 2018 8:41 am

Hi Mike

So I have a TiVo that is up for grabs if you're still interested?

It has a network card, with 512MB RAM and has a 1TB drive and works perfectly fine. The only minor point to raise is that it doesn't use an AltEPG image, but has been 'converted' to use AltEPG data.
It has TivoWeb+ and a bunch of other hacks already installed. It currently has a fixed IP address of 192.168.1.200.

Where are you located? I live in Somerset, but it may be possible to drop it off if you live near Cardiff or Derby during May. Otherwise, I can pack it in an original TiVo box if you're okay to pay for postage.

PM me if you're interested!

Paul
asfafa
Almost there...
Almost there...

Postby baggy99 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:34 pm

Thanks for the responses and apologies for the delay... For some reason I didn't get an alert that anyone had replied. I will PM both respondents now. Thanks again :D
baggy99
Powering up...
Powering up...

Postby The maverick » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:33 pm

baggy99 wrote:Thanks for the responses and apologies for the delay... For some reason I didn't get an alert that anyone had replied. I will PM both respondents now. Thanks again :D

Only replied last night! Any suggestions for a HD PVR TiVo replacement very welcome.
The maverick
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Return to General