No Daily Email over past few days

General Discussion

Re: No Daily Email over past few days

Postby Pegasus » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:20 pm

Thanks.
It appears our server is listed as spam source by Microsoft - i.e. hotmail.com, live.com, outlook.com, office365.com. I've applied to have it removed from Office365, hopefully that will ripple through to the others as well. If not, then... :( (getting delisted by Microsoft is a real pain).

While writing I would mention to check if you have the latest Daily Mail software. Version 1.03. I made a lot of bugfixes to the old version :)
Pegasus
Really should get out more

Postby stevemcc » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:40 pm

Thanks for the update. Just checked, and I am running 1.03 of Daly Mail, so that's good.

Would it be worth me switching my Altepg account email to GMAIl, Sky or BTINTERNET? If so, how do I change it? Can't spot anything obvious under my Altepg Account.

Cheers, Steve
stevemcc
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby Pegasus » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:38 am

Cool. You change the recipient for DailyMail in dailymail.cfg (section 2.2) file.
Pegasus

Postby stevemcc » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:46 pm

Tried some more email addresses in Section 2.2 of Config file as you suggested, Didn't get any emails, though the Daily EMail log says they were sent.

Will PM you the details again in case something shows on the server.

As an alternative, happy to create a new email account if someone can suggest one (preferably free!)
stevemcc
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby stevemcc » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:10 am

Daily EMails started working for me again this morning! I am now getting emails through to Hotmail, which is great.
Thanks to everyone involved in getting this sorted.

Cheers, Steve
stevemcc
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby Pegasus » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:14 pm

Thanks for your help Steve.

Just for future readers:

- If you are using the 'standard' DailyMail configuration then you can change your e-mail addresses in section 2.2 of the DM config file.

- If you are using the special altepg DailyMail config file (has "set altepgemailservice 1" at the top), that means it will use the e-mail on your AltEPG account and ignore any addresses in section 2.2. This is to make it simpler to set up but means you can't change the e-mail address (as you can't change the e-mail address on your AltEPG login).
Pegasus

Previous

Return to General