Donations?

General Discussion

Donations?

Postby philg » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:36 am

Very remiss of me, but .....

I am one of the people that is INCREDIBLY grateful to those that keep the ALT-EPG service running for our TiVos, but lack the technical skills to be of any help

As a compromise, I used to donate a couple of times a year to try and defray the costs that someone, somewhere, is spending to keep this all ticking along

I realized with the current guide data issue, that I haven't donated for a while (sometimes real life gets in the way of best intentions) - and now I find there isn't an option to donate any more (in case it was felt that a donation was "required" to receive the service)

If i really insisted in contributing a little to the running costs, is there still a way to do so??

Thanks

Phil G
philg
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Re: Donations?

Postby Pegasus » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:49 am

It's very kind of you to offer. There isn't currently a way to make a donation. Maybe that's something we'll have to look at :)
Pegasus
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Postby philg » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:00 am

Pegasus wrote:It's very kind of you to offer. There isn't currently a way to make a donation. Maybe that's something we'll have to look at :)

Somebody must be spending something keeping this all ticking along?

And the reason I forgot my regular donations is precisely because nothing ever goes wrong!
philg
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby cerihp » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:47 am

Pegasus wrote:It's very kind of you to offer. There isn't currently a way to make a donation. Maybe that's something we'll have to look at :)
Can someone confirm that regular donations set up back when there was a mechanism are still getting to the right place? Paypal is still transferring money every month from my account to 'altepg' but I just clicked the 'service url' in the paypal transaction notification email and it took me to a page offering a villa in Florida to rent!
--
...........................................................Ceri.
cerihp
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby mrtickle » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:03 pm

cerihp wrote:
Can someone confirm that regular donations set up back when there was a mechanism are still getting to the right place? Paypal is still transferring money every month from my account to 'altepg' but I just clicked the 'service url' in the paypal transaction notification email and it took me to a page offering a villa in Florida to rent!

I'm sorry but I was never involved in the money side of things. No idea.
--
links to my TiVo logos, TivoWebPlus 2.1.b3 UK-20120818, Tracker v3.3.3 & v3.3.4 (17th Jun 2013), GDchecker v1.06b, Digiguide checker v0.4.3-rc5 and Autospace v1.65 can all be found in this post.
mrtickle
TVGuide Admin
TVGuide Admin

Return to General