Recent problems

General Discussion

Re: Recent problems

Postby pemills » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:30 pm

Must be a local issue then as daily call is still failing, number unavailable on all currently networked tivo's (4)
Peter

Tinkering with TiVo's since 2000, now have 8 lifetime sub S1 TiVo's in various states of upgrade/hacked condition & 4 non-lifetime sub TiVo's, too boring to list all the details but most have upgraded HD's & network cards
pemills
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby bandsp » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:57 pm

my daily call at 3.30am worked ok too ,,

sorry. cant help with any suggestions except possibly reboot
Still learning ..

Mainly because I tend to forget what I have already learned .. I think
bandsp
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby Pegasus » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:26 am

Have a look at your Otclient log (from the bit that starts "setting up TCD411 block") and see if it sheds any light.

Although if it's happening on 4 TiVos then it's likely to be an issue with your router/firewall or in-home wireless. If you log-in to your router can you see your TiVo in its 'connected devices'? Have you tried switching it off and on again :wink: (the router that is)
Pegasus
Really should get out more

Postby pemills » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:05 am

Finally got to the bottom of the issue, I use Devolo 85mbps powerline plugs to connect my tivo's to the network the master plug had developed a fault which despite 'working' was not communicating to the other slave plugs, after swapping them around I've managed to get four of the five tivo's to connect and update, still working on the fifth but I suspect that that plug is damaged beyond repair.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my messages.
Peter

Tinkering with TiVo's since 2000, now have 8 lifetime sub S1 TiVo's in various states of upgrade/hacked condition & 4 non-lifetime sub TiVo's, too boring to list all the details but most have upgraded HD's & network cards
pemills
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby Pegasus » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:13 am

Thanks for reporting the solution. I'm glad your TiVos are back up and running again :)
Pegasus

Previous

Return to General