Slow screen commands

General Discussion

Slow screen commands

Postby pemills » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:56 am

Has anyone experienced this issue, my TiVo has just recently started to be really slow in performing the instructions from the remote, the menu selection moves up or down the screen but only after a second or two, the same applies to just about any action that is requested from the buttons pressed on the remote.
Peter

Tinkering with TiVo's since 2000, now have 8 lifetime sub S1 TiVo's in various states of upgrade/hacked condition & 4 non-lifetime sub TiVo's, too boring to list all the details but most have upgraded HD's & network cards
pemills
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Re: Slow screen commands

Postby Pegasus » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:03 am

Sounds like your TiVo is bashing away in the background so is too busy to talk to you. Assuming you've already tried rebooting, I would try forcing a 'green screen' disc check using either "kickstart" code 57 on boot, or "mfsassert -please" in telnet (if you have it).
Pegasus
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Postby positor1 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:06 am

I find this also happens to a degree when the drive is close to full and deleting lots of programmes sorts that.
positor1
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby pemills » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:57 am

Yes your right, left it for a day or so and everything seems to be working fine now, not heard of this before so got quite concerned that something was about to break
Peter

Tinkering with TiVo's since 2000, now have 8 lifetime sub S1 TiVo's in various states of upgrade/hacked condition & 4 non-lifetime sub TiVo's, too boring to list all the details but most have upgraded HD's & network cards
pemills
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Return to General