Tivo failing to record a few programmes

General Discussion

Tivo failing to record a few programmes

Postby steveroe » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:11 pm

On both Monday and Tuesday my TiVo didn't record three programmes that had previously been in the To Do list, and there are no entries in Recording History to help explain why. I've had TiVos for over 20 years and I've not come across this before and I'm a bit perplexed (and worried!).

Example 1: Police Interceptors. I have a wishlist which is picking up season 13. This is showing at 8pm Mondays on C5 and 9pm on C5+1.

I knew the 8pm showing wouldn't record as it clashed with university Challenge, and recording history confirms this.

I expected the 9pm showing to record - it was in the To Do list over the weekend, but come 9pm I noticed the red light wasn't on and nothing was recording. I manually started the record and it recorded okay.

I checked recording history and there was no entry for the 9pm showing. There was an entry for George Clarke's American Adventure reporting it was not recorded because it conflicted with a higher priority Season Pass or other recording: Traffic Cops 9:00 pm 38 C5P1...

Example 2: Our Flag Means Death. I have a season pass for this which shows at 10pm Mondays on BBC2.

I realised this morning that it hadn't recorded and checked recording history. Again nothing was shown and nothing recorded in that slot. There was an entry for "To Catch a Copper" at 10pm showing it didn't record because it conflicted with a higher priority Season Pass or other recording: Our Flag Means Death 10:00 pm 2 BBC2...

Example 3: George Clark's American Adventure. This should have recorded on Tuesday at 8pm on 47 but didn't. Nothing recorded in its place and there is no entry in Recording History. It's showing in the To Do list to record at 19:00 on Friday on 47. I can see that it is/was present in the data for Tuesday 8pm on 47.

Aside from my dodgy taste in TV programmes, can anyone explain what's causing this? I have now rebooted the TiVo just in case...
steveroe
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Re: Tivo failing to record a few programmes

Postby Pegasus » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:14 am

Weird. You could try log-in to your account at altepg.com and 'Clear Download Logs' for this TiVo. That will force TiVo to refresh all the progs in its upcoming schedule (just in case something has got mis-indexed).

p.s. thanks for the hint about Our Flag Means Death, I missed that series 2 had started!
Pegasus
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Re: Tivo failing to record a few programmes

Postby steveroe » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:55 am

It pleases me in some ways that you agree it's weird Pegasus, reassures me I've not missed something obvious :D

No further problems since I rebooted - keeping my fingers crossed for now.
steveroe
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Return to General