Replacing my dead TiVo - advice please....

General Discussion

Replacing my dead TiVo - advice please....

Postby QuantumBadger » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:13 am

I've had my TiVo for over 8 years, was one of the very first here in the UK to sign up. Lately it's been misbehaving - and last night it died. My family love it so much that rather than get a media centre we're going to buy a replacement, here from Tivoland. But I have a question:

Given the lack of support from Tivo here in the UK, if I get a replacement TiVo will it just plug in and go? Or will the daily call fail because it's a different machine? If so, how easy is it going to be to convincve TiVo UK that I need the monthly subscription transferred to a new machine?

Please answer ASAP. Not only am I desperate to buy a replacement, but my family are suffering from TiVo withdrawal!

Cheers,
Dave
QuantumBadger
Powering up...
Powering up...

Postby healeydave » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:26 pm

Hi,
Apologies for the delay in replying, I have just got back from the USA.

You should be able to transfer your lifetime subscription without too much hassle.

Simply call Tivo Customer Services and advise them that you are having to replace your faulty unit with one of our systems (proof of purchase will be provided) they will transfer the sub over to the new service number.

Kind Regards
Dave.
Keeping the dream alive.
healeydave
AltEPG Team
AltEPG Team

Postby healeydave » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:38 pm

Hi,

You should be able to transfer your lifetime subscription without too much hassle.

Simply call Tivo Customer Services and advise them that you are having to replace your faulty unit with one of our systems (proof of purchase will be provided) they will transfer the sub over to the new service number.

Kind Regards
Dave.
Keeping the dream alive.
healeydave
AltEPG Team
AltEPG Team

Postby healeydave » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:39 pm

Hi,

Kind Regards
Dave.
Keeping the dream alive.
healeydave
AltEPG Team
AltEPG Team

Return to General