Cannot get set up to complete

General Discussion

Cannot get set up to complete

Postby Gav » Tue May 29, 2007 10:57 pm

Hi all,

My Tivo started playing up and I have initiated set up to try to rectify the fact that Tivo doest seem to be receiving the signal from the sky digibox. Weve had several power cuts recently and this may have been the cause.

Having started the setup I get as far as the IR test and no further it keeps going back to the source screen instead of proceeding. I read the other e-mails and tried putting it onto the Skydigital instead of the pace box but it still just goes back to the set up screen. Ive chosen 20016 etc. It just doesnt seem to want to proceed. Can anyone assist me?

Everything seems to be working otherwise, before I initiated the set up I could watch the recordings I had made. Now I cant get out of set up or get out of this loop.

Please help.

Gav
Gav
Powering up...
Powering up...

Postby healeydave » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:09 pm

Hi Gav,
Apologies for the delay in replying.

Unfortunately, the reason your getting stuck in guided setup is because of the same issue that caused you to try guided setup :-(

The Tivo need to see a video signal at this point so un-fortunately your stuck at guided setup unless the signal issue is resolved.

I imaging you've got you Sky Digibox connected to the Tivo via the AUX Scart?

Did you notice/try before you ran guided the Ariel source to see if there was no input from there either?

If you didn't choose "Analog Terrestrial + Digital Satellite" or "Digital Terrestrial + Digital Satellite", you could go backwards in guided setup and change if one of these. Then when you reach the same point it should check the Ariel Source for signal too.

Regs
Dave.
Keeping the dream alive.
healeydave
AltEPG Team
AltEPG Team

Return to General