Postby spitfires » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:27 pm

:D Is it "network ready" ?
spitfires
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Still High demand for used Tivos

Postby DJWillis » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:22 am

irrelevant wrote:
irrelevant wrote:I've put a minimal bid in on 160551372633; newly listed but ends shortly...

Outbid. Sold for £16, with free P&P. Given most are charging £15 for that, that puts the value of the TiVo at £1 ... Still rather more than I was prepared to risk on a zero-feedback new seller, especially when it's probably less than they would have been expecting.

Sorry, that was me.

I took a punt on the zero feedback seller as I really need another unit to carry on hacking about on.

I have been resurrecting something I was hacking about with years ago trying to get DNS working on the S1 and also get it talking to the emulator I have setup on my server. My good lady will kill me if I break the normal house TiVo and my backup is a clone of the normal unit so I don't want to break that too much ;). Plus I am trying to get things working over the TiVo serial link so anything will be usable by people who don't have the luxury of a networked unit, this unit looks like it has no network so is the perfect non-contaminated test bed.

All that said, I fully expect to get the run around from the seller as I suspect they planned to make an awful lot more then £6 before fees (postage of a TiVo is about £10 in my experience) :o.
DJWillis
Powering up...
Powering up...

Postby irrelevant » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:25 pm

DJWillis wrote:Sorry, that was me.

No worries. I only went up to a tenner; someone else pushed it up the rest. (Avoided the irritating effect when something sells for 20p more than your highest bid!) Good luck with the seller, and good luck with the project!

I've had serial working to my terminal server before now, which was nice as behaved as just another box on the LAN, albeit slowly.. :)
irrelevant
AltEPG Team
AltEPG Team

Postby spitfires » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:49 pm

irrelevant wrote: (Avoided the irritating effect when something sells for 20p more than your highest bid!)

*nods*
How much do I hate that! I wanted another wheel mouse and put in a proxy bid for £3.06 on a nice microshaft one - other guy proxied at £3.09 ! I lost it by 3p !!! Grrrr. Just as well I won another one the next day for £1.04 :D :D
spitfires
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Previous

Return to General