Disk image wanted

General Discussion

Disk image wanted

Postby Tcm2007 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:11 pm

Can anyone point me to a disk image or backup which won't require me to run Guided Setup after its installed?
Tcm2007
AltEPG Team
AltEPG Team

Re: Disk image wanted

Postby LD » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:42 pm

Hi
Currently we use Freesat. Will such images be available post switch off? Also we currently have a very old TV - and therefore have 2.55 and not 2.55a. What if we change TV after switch off - don't we need 2.55a? And wasn't there already some problem updating to 2.55a?

Will all this be sorted? As freesat users is there something extra we should be doing to help?
LD
Powering up...
Powering up...

Postby spitfires » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:09 am

it will be a different image after 31st May and will be one-size-fits-all so don't worry :)

You only need 2.5.5a for certain TVs - it's use otherwise is not recommended: viewtopic.php?p=8
spitfires
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby healeydave » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:13 am

This is an old image (for the official tivo service, good til 1st June) for those of you still needing the original images for testing, project work etc.
This image is 286Mb and will restore to any size drive from the standard 40Gb upwards.

fview255.bak (286Mb)

To restore this image to a 40Gb drive, use the following MFSTool command:

Code: Select all
mfstool restore -zi /mnt/dos/fview255.bak /dev/hdc

{assuming the image in stored and mounted on a dos partition at "/mnt/dos" and that the destination drive is connected to the Secondary IDE controller on the Master Connector}

If your restoring to a drive larger than 40Gb, you can use the usual "-xzpi" switch to expand the partitions and the "-s xxx" switch to create a new swap partition.
Obviously replace xxx on the last switch with a reasonable swap for the drive size (e.g. 400 would be plenty for a 500Gb). -r4 would probably be required for a drive like that too.

e.g:

Code: Select all
mfstool restore -xzpi -r4 -s400 /mnt/dos/fview255.bak /dev/hdc
Keeping the dream alive.
healeydave
AltEPG Team
AltEPG Team

Postby GaryTheGolfer » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:36 am

Many thanks for the image Dave. I made the classic mistake of NOT checking my own backup image about 8/9 years ago.....when I didn't need it. Now I do need it, I've got an image that will only get about 80% of the way through the restore process. This will now keep me going until 1st June.

Also thank you to you and all the others for your work on the new EPG project. I imagine a lot of us diehards are keeping our fingers crossed.
GaryTheGolfer
Almost there...
Almost there...

Return to General