Packaging/bundling of new image and other stuff

General Discussion

Packaging/bundling of new image and other stuff

Postby philg » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:43 pm

I'm obviously thinking about this too much, but I've been pondering what I'd want to to to change my current 200Gb drive to a new "community-EPG" one after June 1st and realised that there may be a number of differing requirements

I COULD just sent in my current drive for a new image - that's the simplest, the cheapest and probably the least likely option!

You see, my current drive is getting on a bit, and 200 hours (basic) isn't as much as you think when you start keeping films "to watch later" - so this might be the nudge I need to upgrade to a bigger drive

So I'd want to buy a NEW drive with the NEW image - BUT I'd also want to copy all my existing stuff (recordings SPs, wishlists etc) AND all my scripts too if possible

So does it make sense to offer an airline-style menu of options we can pick and choose to build the shopping cart of bits we need from you oh-so-helpful guys?

Thanks so much for all your efforts so far - I'm really surprised how much progress has been made

Phil G
philg
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Re: Packaging/bundling of new image and other stuff

Postby rp689 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:43 am

Early days yet I know, but coming from a similar viewpoint I've only recently purchased a drive upgrade so a "re-image or update an existing drive" service would be welcomed, as and when it becomes available.

Thanks for everyone's efforts on this.
rp689
Powering up...
Powering up...

Return to General