Net access to the new EPG??

General Discussion

Re: Net access to the new EPG??

Postby healeydave » Sun May 15, 2011 10:01 am

mrtickle wrote:Yes. The original upgrade from 1.2 (I think) to 2.5.5 coincided with Sky ditching their selling of TiVo and moving to support only. The "As recommended by Sky Digital" from the background clouds videos of as many screens as possible was removed. For many screens, 2.5.5 uses videos that were already in MFS that didn't have the text in the background (either luck, or foresight by TiVo!). But the title selection screen didn't have an alternative there so the 2.5.5 software upgrade included a brand new video (at /Resource/VideoClip/PickByNameNonSky0.mpv) which was inserted into MFS as part of the upgrade. The FSID of the new background video was a random high number FSID unlike the low FSID numbers of a virgin tivo's videos, sounds and icons all stored in MFS.............

MrTickle, I'm so glad your turned up, I've managed to fix this issue with the help of your excellent memory :)
Keeping the dream alive.
healeydave
AltEPG Team
AltEPG Team

Re: Net access to the new EPG??

Postby mrtickle » Sun May 15, 2011 12:04 pm

More than happy to help :).
ps the previous software was 1.5.2. Vital info :)
--
links to my TiVo logos, TivoWebPlus 2.1.b3 UK-20120818, Tracker v3.3.3 & v3.3.4 (17th Jun 2013), GDchecker v1.06b, Digiguide checker v0.4.3-rc5 and Autospace v1.65 can all be found in this post.
mrtickle
TVGuide Admin
TVGuide Admin

Previous

Return to General