What I would like to do

General Discussion

Re: What I would like to do

Postby excoriated » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:21 am

Sounds to me like your IR codes are not working.

bandsp wrote:Selecting a Freeview channel number Tivo reports 'no signal' .. but I know that the signal is presented to the aerial input on the channel I have told TiVo it is to use

Ah but have you AT THAT POINT IN TIME disconnected the aerial from Tivo and plugged it into your TV? If the IR code you are sending is not understood by your fv box then you will obviously get no signal. Send an ir code from Tivo and THEN plug the coax into your tele.

Alternatively if this is during Guided Setup then I vaguely recall there was an issue where Tivo would not display a picture when you changed channels (during GS) but it worked fine once GS had completed. This may be especially so with an altered IR code setup since the GS probably knows nothing about your funny codes - which you will likely have to repeat AFTER guided setup finishes. Have you run all the way through GS or have you given up half way through?

Hey wait a minute...
bandsp wrote:The Freeview box is non supported, but I have captured the codes as per instructions in viewtopic.php?f=8&t=514, but have not totally completed the finally steps.
I'm not sure what you mean by that but if you have not set up your Tivo for your new IR codes then of course your Tivo will get "no signal" if you try and change channels :shock:
excoriated
Almost there...
Almost there...

Postby bandsp » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:38 am

excoriated wrote:Sounds to me like your IR codes are not working.

Hey wait a minute...
bandsp wrote:The Freeview box is non supported, but I have captured the codes as per instructions in viewtopic.php?f=8&t=514, but have not totally completed the finally steps.
I'm not sure what you mean by that but if you have not set up your Tivo for your new IR codes then of course your Tivo will get "no signal" if you try and change channels :shock:

Everything is connected, but during the set up, when it comes to checking the codes, TiVo says there is no signal for you to check the codes for changing the channel, so, surely, the fact that TiVo doesn't have the codes is at this time is irrelevant. (Just as if you have selected the wrong box for the Scart input .. it is just looking at the RF input for a signal.) .. my problem is that it isn't seeing a signal, not that it isn't changing channels
Still learning ..

Mainly because I tend to forget what I have already learned .. I think
bandsp
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby excoriated » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:28 pm

Have you run Guided Setup for just a Freeview (on RF) install as I suggested?
excoriated
Almost there...
Almost there...

Postby bandsp » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:38 pm

excoriated wrote:Have you run Guided Setup for just a Freeview (on RF) install as I suggested?

I am in the middle of a guided set up on my spare at the moment ..

Will be reporting tomorrow
Still learning ..

bandsp
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby bandsp » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:20 am

excoriated wrote:Have you run Guided Setup for just a Freeview (on RF) install as I suggested?

There doesn't seem to be an option for just RF input .. except for satellite +cable/freeview all the options are for aerial + something ..

However ..

Was getting nowhere on the spare with daily-call updated version 1d of altepg (see edit below).. so I thought 'back to basics' and re-imaged it from the CD ..

this time, it worked.

RF and scart inputs

I then did the daily call software update, and it continued OK ..

I have tried again with my main box (1 gig and the Updated version 1d) but no joy ..

I hesitate to suggest that there may be a problem with the update to 1d , but I can't see anything I might have done differently after re-imaging to make it work and I am reluctant to re-image my main box back to the CD version and lose all my set-up stuff & various recordings ..

Though I would prefer to have Freeview via the TiVo, I can cope with my setup as it is, using the limited recording facilities of the freeview gadget (Mainly 'Yesterday' channel)

PS (Edit)

Not sure where I found it, but I recall seeing that the download to CD of '1d' version to re-image via a pc does not have the very latest version of 1d and that you should select 'download software' and install 'beta test 4' via a daily call to get the latest. If, perhaps, I should not have done that, perhaps that may be the problem
Still learning ..

bandsp
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby bandsp » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:29 am

Last evening, for no specific reason, I switched to a Freeview analogue input channel ..

and it worked ..

earlier in the day it was giving its 'no signal found' screen.

I had changed nothing ..

Went ahead and completed the code capture routine with irSliceCreator and dbsetx , did a restart, and TiVo now shows and controls the Freeview box.

Can only assume that something in the timing in TiVos analogue routine had changed .. hope it doesn't forget what to do

Thanks for all offered advice
Still learning ..

bandsp
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Previous

Return to General