Intro, and help.

General Discussion

Intro, and help.

Postby 6022tivo » Sun May 08, 2011 10:17 pm

Well, Hello.

I am the same 6022tivo that was very active on the tivo forums up until a couple of years ago.

I did sell a shed loads of Samsung 120gb tivo hard drives on ebay and through the community, until others started doing it, and using larger drives. I was always conscious of tivo having a software upgrade, and bricking the new kernel. Anyways.. Thanks if anyone brought a drive from me, and I am glad others started doing it as I was getting very snowed under with all sorts going on in my life at that time.

So.. I am not to impressed with Tivo pulling the plug on us lifetimers.
It is great that this project is happening, and in a way, it should be fun.

I personally don't use a tivo anymore, I use a DM800HD and a SKY+HD.. Sorry.
However a good friend has taken one of my tivo's, and I have another two around. I also found a box of spares, HDD's, power supply, cable IR adaptor, and wands.

I am wondering what I can do to help, my friends tivo will need a service, and I have been asked via PM by two people on TC for my tivo already (For this project?)

I can test things out on my spare as and when required, I can re image as required. I do have both network cards for the tivo's.

I also have a spare rack mount HP server with multiple drives that I may be able to donate, if it was of use.
I also may have a comms card with at least 8 channels, for dial in's, but I suppose someone would have to have 8 incoming lines?

I also own the domain www.mytivo.co.uk which tivo have once tried to purchase, and secondly tried to force the transfer of, that could be put into some use.
I have compromised with tivo inc for now, and have taken the forwarding to the sky+ page off. :) I am sure the legal team will be back for a further battle soon...

Anyways, just a hello, and a good luck for the project. Hope all goes well..

ttfn
Tivo x3, DM800, Sky+, http://www.mytivo.co.uk
6022tivo
Powering up...
Powering up...

Re: Intro, and help.

Postby healeydave » Mon May 09, 2011 10:12 am

Hi and welcome to the forum, I remember you well and we spoke a lot indirectly through threads over the early years :)

I use a DM800 too, they are great alternative receivers for satellite, especially since you can pipe the scart to a tivo and have it control the the channel changes whilst maintaing a high def output via the DVI when necessary :)

The tivo route provides WAF because lets face it even with skinning and making the channel lists suitable compatible with our satellite, the dream interface just doesn't seem to cut it.

One of the members of our team Rob (irrelevant), who's taken the lead role in the communications side of things might well be interested in the comms card!

Kind Regards
Dave.
Keeping the dream alive.
healeydave
AltEPG Team
AltEPG Team

Re: Intro, and help.

Postby healeydave » Thu May 19, 2011 9:17 am

6022tivo wrote:I also own the domain http://www.mytivo.co.uk which tivo have once tried to purchase, and secondly tried to force the transfer of, that could be put into some use.
I have compromised with tivo inc for now, and have taken the forwarding to the sky+ page off. :) I am sure the legal team will be back for a further battle soon...

Anyways, just a hello, and a good luck for the project. Hope all goes well..

ttfn

I assume they didn't offer much to tempt you :)

Replace the sky link to altepg :)
Keeping the dream alive.
healeydave
AltEPG Team
AltEPG Team

Return to General