ALT-EPG and Tivoweb Tracker module?

General Discussion

ALT-EPG and Tivoweb Tracker module?

Postby philg » Wed May 18, 2011 7:28 pm

Apologies if this post should be in one of the other forums, but ...

I use the Tivoweb Tracker module (v3.1.1) to keep track of things I have watched

Will this continue to work with the new alternative EPG or will I have to start tracking all over again from fresh?

Thanks

Phil G
philg
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Re: ALT-EPG and Tivoweb Tracker module?

Postby Tcm2007 » Sat May 21, 2011 3:21 pm

Start again, sorry.
Tcm2007
AltEPG Team
AltEPG Team

Postby philg » Mon May 23, 2011 3:05 pm

Tcm2007 wrote:Start again, sorry.

Ah well - small price to pay
philg
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby Velocitysurfer » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:24 pm

Ok. I've started again with the Tracker module.

But it doesn't want to track anything! No files are created, nothing.

My "now showing" contains programmed from both EPGs, which I wouldn't have thought would cause a problem.

Is anyone else using Tracker successfully?
Velocitysurfer
Almost there...
Almost there...

Postby mrtickle » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:11 pm

Unfortunately there are no TmsIds currently in the Altepg data and it is the TmsIds that the tracker tracks. You won't be able to track anything for a while until these are added, I'm afraid.
--
links to my TiVo logos, TivoWebPlus 2.1.b3 UK-20120818, Tracker v3.3.3 & v3.3.4 (17th Jun 2013), GDchecker v1.06b, Digiguide checker v0.4.3-rc5 and Autospace v1.65 can all be found in this post.
mrtickle
TVGuide Admin
TVGuide Admin

Postby Velocitysurfer » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:26 pm

Is there a timescale as to when altepg based TMSIDs will be available?

Without Tracker or the Original Air Date (OAD) info for programmes then there is no way to stop recording repeats!
Velocitysurfer
Almost there...
Almost there...

Postby mrtickle » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:24 pm

Velocitysurfer wrote:Is there a timescale as to when altepg based TMSIDs will be available?

Without Tracker or the Original Air Date (OAD) info for programmes then there is no way to stop recording repeats!

I know! It's one reason I've been urging people to wait as long as possible, and I'll be switching at the end of this week.

I don't know a timescale sorry, it's a pretty big change but if you cancel an upcoming Episode from the ToDo list you won't get it again for 28 days at least. We'll all have to have a period of babysitting of the ToDo list - hopefully not for too long. On the upside, it'll do us all good and remind us how bad all the other PVRs are. :)
--
links to my TiVo logos, TivoWebPlus 2.1.b3 UK-20120818, Tracker v3.3.3 & v3.3.4 (17th Jun 2013), GDchecker v1.06b, Digiguide checker v0.4.3-rc5 and Autospace v1.65 can all be found in this post.
mrtickle
TVGuide Admin
TVGuide Admin

Postby Velocitysurfer » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:34 pm

mrtickle wrote: I know! It's one reason I've been urging people to wait as long as possible, and I'll be switching at the end of this week.

I don't know a timescale sorry, it's a pretty big change but if you cancel an upcoming Episode from the ToDo list you won't get it again for 28 days at least. We'll all have to have a period of babysitting of the ToDo list - hopefully not for too long. On the upside, it'll do us all good and remind us how bad all the other PVRs are. :)

I waited until the official service finally stopped and swapped over last weekend. As you say babysitting the ToDo list isn't too much of a hassle.

I also have Sky+HD (only used for clashes, live F1 in HD and for recording some of my stuff when SWMBO is watching live TV via TiVO) and the UI is still dire - somehow it managed to stop recording episodes of the Simpsons even though I had a Series Link for it, and the Simpsons is never off air.
Velocitysurfer
Almost there...
Almost there...

Postby philg » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:58 pm

mrtickle wrote:I don't know a timescale sorry, it's a pretty big change but if you cancel an upcoming Episode from the ToDo list you won't get it again for 28 days at least. We'll all have to have a period of babysitting of the ToDo list - hopefully not for too long. On the upside, it'll do us all good and remind us how bad all the other PVRs are. :)

Not to mention remembering when we didn't even have the Tracker module to help out :)
philg
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby mrtickle » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:10 pm

Indeed! What's the latest version semi-officially released? I got 3.1.6 in 2008, and then have made quite a few improvements since. I call my version 3.2.1. No time to maintain it or release it myself, though.

If anyone's interested in taking it over please post here or send me a PM. Something similar is already happening with my GDchecker module. :wink:
--
mrtickle
TVGuide Admin
TVGuide Admin

Postby gcobb » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:36 pm

Velocitysurfer wrote:Is there a timescale as to when altepg based TMSIDs will be available?

No, sorry. It is in the top 3 of my list of things to do but, at the moment, I am firefighting a couple of problems with people getting updates loaded.

It is probably a couple of weeks away, given that it will need quite careful testing.
gcobb
AltEPG Team
AltEPG Team

Postby tivofantastic » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:39 pm

Unfortunately there are no TmsIds currently in the Altepg data and it is the TmsIds that the tracker tracks. You won't be able to track anything for a while until these are added, I'm afraid.

I don't know a timescale sorry, it's a pretty big change but if you cancel an upcoming Episode from the ToDo list you won't get it again for 28 days at least.

Is this the only consequence of a lack of TMSIDs? Will Season Passes which we set up now (i.e. before the existence of TMSIDs) still work fine after the introduction of TMSIDs or will we have to set up Season Passes again? I assume the Series ID is already in existence and so Season Passes are not affected by the lack of a TMSID?
tivofantastic
Almost there...
Almost there...

Postby gcobb » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:54 pm

tivofantastic wrote:Is this the only consequence of a lack of TMSIDs? Will Season Passes which we set up now (i.e. before the existence of TMSIDs) still work fine after the introduction of TMSIDs or will we have to set up Season Passes again? I assume the Series ID is already in existence and so Season Passes are not affected by the lack of a TMSID?

That is one of the things to test, but I believe there will be no problem. The only other thing that I am aware of that breaks with no TMSIDs is tivoweb backup/restore of SPs as that relies on the TMSID in order to find the series ID in use at the time of the restore.
gcobb
AltEPG Team
AltEPG Team

Postby gcobb » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:21 am

I am looking for a few volunteers to help test the TmsId generation. Please see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=883.

Unfortunately, I need people who have a test TiVo because if it turns out that I need to change the way the TmsIds are generated they will need to clear and delete everything!
gcobb
AltEPG Team
AltEPG Team

Postby philg » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:26 pm

Remiss of me, I know (to be so late saying "Thank You")

But THANKS :) for the TMSIDs that now mean I am Tracjker-ing my recordings again

GREAT work guys

Phil G
philg
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Return to General