Cachecard image

General Discussion

Cachecard image

Postby pengbo » Thu May 19, 2011 4:05 pm

Hi, new here but happy to see there alt plans for June 1st.

I bought a cache card some time ago and embarrassed to say never installed it. Now when I come to install it I need a CD image to boot the PC into Linux so I can copy the relevant bits over to the Tivo HD. or do I? I have a working Linux server so could I simply mount the hard drive on that system make it rw and copy the bits and install them?

If that is not possible anyone got a link to the iso image I need for the UK Tivo's? Found this link after some searching but not entirely sure which one I need... http://forum.technicalpeak.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
pengbo
Almost there...
Almost there...

Re: Cachecard image

Postby tonywalk » Thu May 19, 2011 4:48 pm

1st or 3rd (I think) depending on your hard drive. If it's bigger than 137gb then you need the 3rd one with the lba48 kernel. Whilst you could probably get away with either if you are just installing the driver, it makes sense to get the full, correct image for future upgrades.

Will be ploughing the network card install route myself soon (for the 3rd time) - I've got an assortment of upgrade discs already.
6023 - was 40GB - upgraded to cachecard and 250gb
6021 - was 40GB - upgraded to 120gb and Turbonet - further upgraded to 250gb still with Turbonet
6020 - was 40GB - for dev work - currently running a 500GB Samsung HM500JI and a TurboNZet
tonywalk
Almost there...
Almost there...

Postby healeydave » Thu May 19, 2011 5:05 pm

If you don't need to keep your existing drive build, the AltEPG image available in the Installation & Configuration forum are preconfigured.
Keeping the dream alive.
healeydave
AltEPG Team
AltEPG Team

Postby pengbo » Thu May 19, 2011 5:54 pm

Thanks Tony.

I want to do the "into existing image" Dave as I want to keep everything for now, lots of recordings. Also I have my Sisters Tivo to do so need the practice. Plus if I get into this I am a programmer by trade with Perl experience plus a few others. Bit rusty but once I can telnet to it I know me, I wont be able to resist fiddling :D and "improving" things.

Must say though your price on a 500GB AltEpg with cache card Tivo is very very good value for money...
pengbo
Almost there...
Almost there...

Return to General