Tivo without network connectivity

General Discussion

Tivo without network connectivity

Postby rahul_yanina » Tue May 24, 2011 2:52 pm

Hi Guys,
I have a Tivo which I use without connecting to the network (though there is a turbonet card fitted, I have never used it though). Is there much hope for me continuing to use the Tivo beyond the switch off date? I would dearly love to continue using it, but not sure if it will be possible.
If I have to use the turbonet card, how do I go about it? Don't know the IP address of the machine, though I tried to connect it once and did not get much joy.

Thanks.
rahul_yanina
Powering up...
Powering up...

Re: Tivo without network connectivity

Postby johnscott99 » Tue May 24, 2011 4:05 pm

Hi there,

I did the following last night and it worked.

My TiVo isn't networked (yet - I have a terbonet card and I will install it).

If you wish to try AltEPG with an existing TiVo image using Dial-Up, you can try these simple instructions:

1. Register your TiVo to use the service here.
2. From the "System Reset" menu, select "Repeat Guided Setup" and follow the prompts.
3. Proceed through Guided Setup as normal, except you must use 01000 as the Post Code!
4. TiVo needs to make two calls to the AltEPG server, before the first call, you will get a chance to change the Dialling Options.
5. Using the picture below for reference, change the "Set Dial Prefix" to 01274 DECOMISSIONED.
6. Complete Guided Setup as normal.

From thread: http://www.tivoland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=500

It works a treat.

Be patient with the dialling. it took me about 6 attempts to get through. Also the first time it downloads it takes ages - more than 30 minutes.

Don't panic - try the above asap.

You don't lose your recordings, but you will lose season passes - not a bad thng. Suddenly your TiVo is faster.

At some point in the near future (once we've watched all the recordings) I'm going to put a 1Tb HDD in there with the image that has been put together by these excellent chaps and enjoy the thrill of LBA48, Mode0, softpadding and Tivoweb.

Ta
John
johnscott99
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Return to General