I Need a Bit of Guidance

General Discussion

I Need a Bit of Guidance

Postby Ellijay » Sun May 29, 2011 10:35 pm

I am still on dial up. I would love to have my Tivo networked but haven't a clue how to go about it.

I did a guided set up this evening with the new phone number but the call was unsuccessful. Shortly after that the phone rang, the caller display identified it as the same 01274 number. Is this supposed to happen?

I am dreading the change over as it will probably be very stressful, I'm not that confident about my ability to trouble shoot. I really love my Tivo and cannot imagine life with out it.
Ellijay
Powering up...
Powering up...

Re: I Need a Bit of Guidance

Postby gippy » Mon May 30, 2011 5:26 pm

I'm getting the callbacks as well, which if answered gives the modem jibber jabber. I've been trying for 5 hours to get through today, all coming up with 'busy' or 'failed to connect' messages. Not looking good really.
gippy
Powering up...
Powering up...

Postby The maverick » Mon May 30, 2011 5:32 pm

Another one here trying constantly for past hour and also getting the call backs.
The maverick
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby steveroe » Mon May 30, 2011 6:01 pm

This is due to a "5" in the original telephone number triggering the BT "ring back" service when the line is engaged, BT then call you when it's free...

See viewtopic.php?f=16&t=481&p=3135&hilit=ring+back#p3135 for details, basically you can phone BT and ask them to cancel ring back on your line.
steveroe
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby The maverick » Mon May 30, 2011 6:27 pm

Given that I had to give up with the ALTEPG, is there a quick way of getting back to using the Tivo without a full guided set up
The maverick
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby Elijay » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:05 am

Panic over, I'm now a happy bunny. Glad to report that verything went smoothly this morning, I woke up at 4:30 am and decided that as most people would still be in bed I would get stuck in.
Elijay
Powering up...
Powering up...

Return to General