A Big Thank You To The Guys Who Made AltEPG Possible.

General Discussion

Re: A Big Thank You To The Guys Who Made AltEPG Possible.

Postby sledger » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:22 pm

Rachel I see absolutely no reason why people like me who have benefited for this free service shouldn't make a contribution. The RNLI did not offer it to me, the guys and girls who put tgether AltPEG did Anyway I have contributed £50 specifically to those few people who took the time to make AltPEG possible from a technical point of view or indeed sponsored it which amounts to the same thing. . I am grateful to thsoe who answer queries on the board, of course I am but it sounds terribly peevish and divisive for them to begrudge the people who set up the hardware. So I suggest everyone donates.
sledger
Powering up...
Powering up...

Postby sledger » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:29 pm

Oh and further to my last I don't care how the money is spent. It is for the time they put in and successful effort they made, nothing else. And it was made perfectly clear too they were not expecting it which I appreciate even more.
sledger
Powering up...
Powering up...

Postby Rachel » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:41 pm

I have no problem with you donating if you want and you don't care where the money goes but don't try and run a guilt trip on those people who do not want to donate for whatever reason.

Taking your suggestion of £50 means

600 people at £50 each = £30,000

And you really don't care where that goes? :shock: You're happy for it to go into the personal pockets of just 2 or 3 people?
Last edited by Rachel on Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rachel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby awalker » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:33 pm

Thankyou all for making this happen.

Its lovely having Tivo back again and recording of the Virgin STB :D
awalker
Powering up...
Powering up...

Postby Furbag » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:21 pm

Rachel wrote:I have no problem with you donating if you want and you don't care where the money goes but don't try and run a guilt trip on those people who do not want to donate for whatever reason.

Taking your suggestion of £50 means

600 people at £50 each = £30,000

And you really don't care where that goes? :shock: You're happy for it to go into the personal pockets of just 2 or 3 people?

One would like to think it will be divied out to all the right folks, these days its not hard to bang money into folks accounts 8)

My only concern is if money ends up being the demise of the project, as it always seems to be either because no money is ever seen from users or monies are not shared out and some pick up their toys and run, seen it happen before :(

I'd like to think the altEPG team, who ever they are, are wise enough to see this and insure that everyone is kept happy 8)

Openness is the key from my experience :wink:

Furbag
Furbag
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby rogerwhitfield » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:56 am

I too would like to add my thanks to the team. My Tivo has been a rather unstylish paperweight for the last few weeks, I was about to take it out and consign it to the bin when I decided to chack the progress of this project.

Last night I signed up, did the dial prefix alteration and ran the updates, I sat there amased as my old Tivo started to come back to life.

As I thought the Tivo was dead and buried I installed a new Dual Tuner HD Windows 7 Media Centre in the lounge a couple of months ago which is also a fantastic piece of kit, although a bit pricey at £700, so now I have the ability to record 3 channels at once (1 on the Tivo and 2 on the Media Centre).

Thanks again.
rogerwhitfield
Powering up...
Powering up...

Postby sledger » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:04 pm

Rachel I am not laying a 'guilt trip' on anyone. Nobody is obliged to give as has been made abundantly clear. only if they really want to. And I am quite sure not everyone will so your figures are ridiculous, there will not I am certain be thousands to dole out.

So stop worriyng and just let those of us, who wish to express their gratitude, do so. The point is we have our TIVO back. I suggest this topic (ie the morality of donations) is now closed.

siclous
m And of curs eeve
sledger
Powering up...
Powering up...

Postby spitfires » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:05 am

Furbag wrote:Openness is the key from my experience

Yes, but that's not going to happen is it.
spitfires
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Previous

Return to General