Tracker and TWP 2.x

General Discussion

Re: Tracker and TWP 2.x

Postby mrtickle » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:30 pm

I'm working on this now and hope to post an updated version soon.
--
links to my TiVo logos, TivoWebPlus 2.1.b3 UK-20120818, Tracker v3.3.3 & v3.3.4 (17th Jun 2013), GDchecker v1.06b, Digiguide checker v0.4.3-rc5 and Autospace v1.65 can all be found in this post.
mrtickle
TVGuide Admin
TVGuide Admin

Postby mrtickle » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:34 am

New version coming later.
--
links to my TiVo logos, TivoWebPlus 2.1.b3 UK-20120818, Tracker v3.3.3 & v3.3.4 (17th Jun 2013), GDchecker v1.06b, Digiguide checker v0.4.3-rc5 and Autospace v1.65 can all be found in this post.
mrtickle
TVGuide Admin
TVGuide Admin

Tracker 3.2.0-rc1

Postby mrtickle » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:48 pm

New version. This should hopefully be stable without any major issues.

# Aug 13, 2011
# mrtickle, 3.1.9a
# bugfix for Unknown series/episodes
#
# Sep 2, 2011
# mrtickle, 3.2.0-rc1
# refactoring: merged action_tracker_view, action_tracker_viewg, action_tracker_viewog into single proc
# refactoring: merged action_tracker_todo, action_tracker_todosugg into single proc
# better checking for existance of block files before use; blockfile filenames set as variables
# bugfix for double braces being stored in files.
# replaced calls to MFS to get TmsId with tracker_get_series_tmsid and tracker_get_program_tmsid; these fall back to making values from ServerId if TmsId is missing. Series start "XS". Programs start "XE" (Episode) or "XG" (Generic). WARNING: If you repeat Guided Setup/Clear Programme Data & ToDo list a new Db will be created on your TiVo and the values will all change - not intended as a long term replacement for real TmsIds.
# added tracker_check_series_movie to test for TmsId starting "MV", and fall back to checking for "Films" genre as a last resort.
# bugfix for generics, isepisode mfs value is missing/blank not 0

This version should be usable with AltEPG Tms Ids (system currently in testing) and it also falls gracefully without TmsIds - it constructs its own Tms Ids using the ServerId values on your TiVo. The thinking behind this is that you can use it now, and later you'll at least have a record of which episodes you recorded during this period without TmsIds. It also sometimes blocks things which is a bonus.

Instructions: unzip and upload. Delete the contents of the tracker directory on the tivo if you used the previous version (save off for reference if you like) - the first time you create/update the tracking list it will process the full history anyway, as far back as your tivo has kept. Mine went all the way back to when I ran Guided Setup.

removed: please see this thread for updated version.
Last edited by mrtickle on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
--
mrtickle
TVGuide Admin
TVGuide Admin

Postby asfafa » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:46 pm

Hi mrtickle

Firstly, thanks for your efforts on this. It really is appreciated.

I installed the script, re-loaded and reset the tracker directory, and allowed it to process the TiVo's recording history. It took a while as there were programmes pre-AltEPG.

I then allowed it to process the ToDo List and it came back with something straightaway. I'm impressed!

tracker.jpg
tracker.jpg (102.81 KiB) Viewed 5561 times

From the look of the above, it seems to be correct :D

As our TiVo records lots of programmes with many episodes (Come Dine WIth Me, Location Location Location, Three/Four in a Bed, Ace of Cakes, etc.), to have something that looks to work properly is fantastic!

paul
asfafa
Almost there...
Almost there...

Postby mrtickle » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:21 am

Excellent, glad it works for you! Spitfires has found a couple of bugs which I'll fix later today hopefully.

Those fake TmsIds (starting X) are of transient use - the numbers will change if your TiVo rebuilds its Db - but as there are lots of things repeated regularly within 2-3 month cycles that fall outside the 28-day rule I thought I'd have a go at something. Those episodes will be saved into separate serieses so as not to clutter up "real" Tribune data and future data we have with our own TmsIds.
Last edited by mrtickle on Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
--
mrtickle
TVGuide Admin
TVGuide Admin

Postby mrtickle » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:06 am

updated bugfix version
# Sep 3, 2011
# mrtickle, 3.2.0-rc2
# bugfixes - better checking for missing serverids and genres
# display made-up TmsIds in dark red

[attachment removed - please see later version]
Last edited by mrtickle on Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
--
mrtickle
TVGuide Admin
TVGuide Admin

Postby spitfires » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:40 pm

The red is bit hard to read in the default TWP 2.1 theme ;)

Could we use CSS for these various colour highlights instead of fixed colours?

Image3.jpg
Image3.jpg (32.57 KiB) Viewed 5541 times
spitfires
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby mrtickle » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:14 pm

Sure, it was quick and dirty copied from my ui2.

But I need people to suggest colours/styles please, I don't want to branch the main tivoweb css so would have to do something similar to gdchecker I suppose. The challenge is to pick 4 (5?) new text colours that won't disappear under any scheme in tivowebs 1.9.4 and 2.1b3
--
mrtickle
TVGuide Admin
TVGuide Admin

Postby spitfires » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:42 am

Code: Select all
-------INTERNAL SERVER ERROR------  --cut here--action:tracker_update, path:, env:, code:'NONE'
can't read "tzoffset": no such variable
    while executing
"expr ([dbobj $showing get Date] * 86400) + [dbobj $showing get Time] + $tzoffset"
    (procedure "tracker_get_program_tmsid" line 18)
    invoked from: "tracker_get_program_tmsid $program $isepisode $showing"
    ("uplevel" body line 10)
    invoked from: "uplevel $body"
    invoked from: "ForeachChangedMfsFileTrans fsid name type "/Recording/Cancelled" $since 10 {
set item [db $db openid $fsid]
set cancelreason [dbobj $item get CancelRe..."
    (procedure "scan_cancelled" line 12)
    invoked from: "scan_cancelled $lastupdate $chan"
    (procedure "MOD::action_tracker_update" line 8)
    invoked from: "$cmd $chan $path $env"
--cut here--

I think you mean to refer to $::tzoffset on L2190 rather than a local var?

Unrelated:

-------INTERNAL SERVER ERROR------  --cut here--action:tracker_update, path:, env:, code:'NONE'
list element in braces followed by "{2005-01-18}{Orders" instead of space
    while executing
"llength $str"
    (procedure "strim" line 2)
    invoked from: "strim $title"
    (procedure "updatetrack" line 76)
    invoked from: "updatetrack $seriestmsid $episodetmsid $eptitle $recdate $type 2 $deletedby $watched $chan"
    ("uplevel" body line 114)
    invoked from: "ForeachChangedMfsFileTrans fsid name type "/Recording/Cancelled" $since 10 {
--cut here--

while processing
Found a deleted episode to be tracked: XG201108012338 - {Auschwitz The Nazis and the Final Solution}{2005-01-18}{Orders and Initiatives}{06.00 PM Mon May 30, 2011}{YESDYFV}.ty+
Series file for SP - Specials and One-offs exists

This is obviously one of mfs_ftp's silly titles which I occasionally see (e.g. when the ftp upload barfs midway through the upload). Although these probably aren't legitimate recordings it may be prudent to allow for them - at least to the extent of Tracker recognising and then bypassing them rather than crashing ? ;)
spitfires
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby mrtickle » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:15 pm

spitfires wrote:
can't read "tzoffset": no such variable
    while executing
"expr ([dbobj $showing get Date] * 86400) + [dbobj $showing get Time] + $tzoffset"
    (procedure "tracker_get_program_tmsid" line 18)
    invoked from: "tracker_get_program_tmsid $program $isepisode $showing"
    ("uplevel" body line 10)
--cut here--

I think you mean to refer to $::tzoffset on L2190 rather than a local var?

Yes, it's missing a "global tzoffset". Ta.

Unrelated:

list element in braces followed by "{2005-01-18}{Orders" instead of space
    while executing
"llength $str"
    (procedure "strim" line 2)
    invoked from: "strim $title"
    (procedure "updatetrack" line 76)
    invoked from: "updatetrack $seriestmsid $episodetmsid $eptitle $recdate $type 2 $deletedby $watched $chan"
    ("uplevel" body line 114)
--cut here--

while processing
Found a deleted episode to be tracked: XG201108012338 - {Auschwitz The Nazis and the Final Solution}{2005-01-18}{Orders and Initiatives}{06.00 PM Mon May 30, 2011}{YESDYFV}.ty+
Series file for SP - Specials and One-offs exists

This is obviously one of mfs_ftp's silly titles which I occasionally see (e.g. when the ftp upload barfs midway through the upload). Although these probably aren't legitimate recordings it may be prudent to allow for them - at least to the extent of Tracker recognising and then bypassing them rather than crashing ? ;)

That's a major pain, it's the TiVoweb standard proc "strim" you have a problem with here, which I'm loathe to change. :(

For the next version I'll fix the above and the colours, and I'm thinking of adding a separate field for episodenum too, since we'll soon have it in the data in a known standard format. The headache is coping with all the old datafiles without the field in.
--
mrtickle
TVGuide Admin
TVGuide Admin

Postby millsb » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:04 pm

Simple fix to TWP util.itcl :: strim to overcome that problem:

proc strim str {
  #  check $str is a valid list. Only trim it if it's valid and consists of a single element
  set listlen 0
  catch { set listlen [llength $str] }
  if {([string index $str 0]=="\{") && ($listlen==1)} {
    return [string range $str 1 [expr [string length $str]-2]]
  }
  return $str
}
millsb
AltEPG Team
AltEPG Team

Postby spitfires » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:08 am

or perhaps just ignore programmes with { in the title (since they are more than likely mfs_ftp recordings (and so won't have a tmsid anyway?)

if [regexp "\{" $eptitle] { continue }
spitfires
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby mrtickle » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:19 am

Actually all titles had { in the title - tracker uses strim everywhere, I think to tidy up the mess of using lappend on items which were already listitems. Thus you ended up with {{programme}} double braces, if you didn't strim as well. I found the missing strim and put it in, in the last release. But it's causing this issue now.

I'll have a go with the replacement function but I'll include it locally in the tracker_ namespace. I'm toying with a separate utils file as my ui2 shares the get_verbose_title function and a few others now. Unsure.
--
mrtickle
TVGuide Admin
TVGuide Admin

Postby mrtickle » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:27 am

very minor bugfixes for now
# 3.2.0-rc3 - check for missing Showing object (mfs inserted recordings)
# 3.2.0-rc4 - missing global tzoffset added

strim and colour fixes coming later..

[attachment removed - please see later version]
Last edited by mrtickle on Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
mrtickle
TVGuide Admin
TVGuide Admin

Postby Velocitysurfer » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:01 pm

I've downloaded tracker 3.2.0-rc4 and installed it OK (after deleting the old data out of the existing tracker directory).

I can't quite remember how tracker should work (is there a period of time before an episode is tracked?) but I don't think that this version is tracking all of my programmes, e.g. it hasn't picked up on any "Formula 1" which I've deleted.

Another issue is that when I edit the watched status e.g. to become unwatched, when I click or unclick the tickbox and then press save I get the following error:
-------INTERNAL SERVER ERROR------  --cut here--action:tracker_edit_result, path:, env:seriestmsid XS201411599 title {Click here to edit 'Watched' status} wid 1 uid 0 wtd 1 utd 0 episodetmsid XE328797781 watched on Save Save, code:'NONE'
no value given for parameter "chan" to "tracker_rebuild"
    while executing
"tracker_rebuild"
    (procedure "MOD::action_tracker_edit_result" line 45)
--cut here--

Interestingly when I go back and look at the episode, the watched status has changed. Could then above error because I'm using wishlists?? Note that none of my non-wishlists have been picked up by Tracker!
Velocitysurfer
Almost there...
Almost there...

PreviousNext

Return to General