"To be announced"

General Discussion

"To be announced"

Postby Voyager03 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:12 am

I noticed yesterday that my TiVo was telling me that I had 6 days of guide data left, but saw several channels were missing days or showing nothing at all. This morning the entire lot says "To be announced". There is no guide data at all! (But the TiVo thinks that I have 5 days left)

There has been no connecting call as it says the last successful one was 9 June. I'm trying to connect (been up since 5:45) but the line is constantly engaged.

Any ideas as to what is wrong? Or what to do?
Voyager03
Powering up...
Powering up...

Re: "To be announced"

Postby tivoles » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:13 am

Hi. I eventually got my Tivo working but only yesterday so no problems yet.
I discovered that one time Tivo said "Done" or "Successful" , (too many attempts, can't remember)
but data was still being received as I found when I went to use the phone.
I can only suggest that you leave it for as long as possible before intervening in any way.
Hope this helps but it may have absolutely no relevance to your problem!

Les
tivoles
Powering up...
Powering up...

Postby Philb » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:38 pm

Voyager03 wrote:I noticed yesterday that my TiVo was telling me that I had 6 days of guide data left, but saw several channels were missing days or showing nothing at all...

See answer in Rachel's excellent FAQ thread:-

Rachel wrote:Q: TiVo says it has guide data for 2 weeks, but it actually only has data for the next 7 days.
A: While we are in "alpha testing" stage the AltEPG system is only sending out 7 days' worth of schedules. The 'nonag' channel contains dummy data going further ahead (because otherwise the tivo software nags you to make daily calls) and this is making the TiVo think it has data for 2 weeks rather than just the 1 week at present. When we move out of alpha testing then longer schedules (up to 14 days) will be available.
Unmodified dialup TiVo (since 2001). AltEPG working since 30 May 2011.
Philb
Almost there...
Almost there...

Postby Rachel » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:31 pm

Voyager03 wrote:There has been no connecting call as it says the last successful one was 9 June. I'm trying to connect (been up since 5:45) but the line is constantly engaged.

It sounds like you have simply run out of data :( The AltEPG only has 7 days worth of data at the moment. You need to preservere and get a Daily Call done :?
Rachel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby Voyager03 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:52 pm

Philb wrote:
Voyager03 wrote:I noticed yesterday that my TiVo was telling me that I had 6 days of guide data left, but saw several channels were missing days or showing nothing at all...

See answer in Rachel's excellent FAQ thread:-

Rachel wrote:Q: TiVo says it has guide data for 2 weeks, but it actually only has data for the next 7 days.
A: While we are in "alpha testing" stage the AltEPG system is only sending out 7 days' worth of schedules. The 'nonag' channel contains dummy data going further ahead (because otherwise the tivo software nags you to make daily calls) and this is making the TiVo think it has data for 2 weeks rather than just the 1 week at present. When we move out of alpha testing then longer schedules (up to 14 days) will be available.

Thanks, but yesterday I did have guide data (albeit not for every channel) going forward a few days at least.

This morning every channel listed said 'To be announced' and I had no guide data.
Voyager03
Powering up...
Powering up...

Postby Voyager03 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:54 pm

Rachel wrote:
Voyager03 wrote:There has been no connecting call as it says the last successful one was 9 June. I'm trying to connect (been up since 5:45) but the line is constantly engaged.

It sounds like you have simply run out of data :( The AltEPG only has 7 days worth of data at the moment. You need to preservere and get a Daily Call done :?

I have now redone a guided setup and it seems to have come back to life.

But I didn't lose any of the Season Passes I set up since I did it a couple of weeks ago. :?
Voyager03
Powering up...
Powering up...

Return to General