How do you re-image more than one TiVo HD

General Discussion

How do you re-image more than one TiVo HD

Postby pemills » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:19 pm

Having spent the best part of the last month or so it seems and not being able to reconfigure one of my TiVo's using the dial-up option I decided the way forward would be to fit a network card and re-image the HD, the first HD I chose threw up an error which I have sent through to Dave Healy via a PM as requested and on the second HD everything was touch and go for a while but I finally sussed the best way of doing it and thought to myself I've got this sorted I can replicate the process on another HD and I would be laughing......... I wish, for some reason the second attempt is refusing to connect to the altEPG server so I can do a guided tour, the only difference to the first HD is the MAC address and ip address so the disks are pre-configured for when I switch over to the altEPG service 100% I tried the dhcp option but for some strange reason my network would not recognize the new device so that's why I chose a static IP address, in case your wondering?

Has anyone else attempted this, more than one HD, and if so did you manage it? is there something I'm missing?? I can ping the ip address but cannot telnet to it, I have re-run the image set-up procedure three time now on the same HD but nothing seems to get over the issue, any help, suggestions etc. would be most welcome.
Peter

Tinkering with TiVo's since 2000, now have 8 lifetime sub S1 TiVo's in various states of upgrade/hacked condition & 4 non-lifetime sub TiVo's, too boring to list all the details but most have upgraded HD's & network cards
pemills
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Re: How do you re-image more than one TiVo HD

Postby pemills » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:24 pm

After re-thinking my strategy I decided to re-run the image software on the same HD but this time try the DHCP option again and to my surprise it worked, connected to the server, downloaded the initial file and everything seems to be working as it should although the guide data is only three days, still better than two or maybe one day :)

I shall now try the dial-up option again but this time using the re-imaging option, I think there may be an upgrade to the dial-in phone lines coming soon so hopefully there will be more opportunities to connect and not get so many 'phone busy' reports.

PS... I had noticed that the account status said 'account closed' but on closer inspection I had inadvertently registered this TiVo with an 8 instead of a B in the serial number :oops: this was soon rectified when I re-registered the TiVo with altepg.com but now I need to get them to remove one from the database, any ideas as to how this is done??
Peter

Tinkering with TiVo's since 2000, now have 8 lifetime sub S1 TiVo's in various states of upgrade/hacked condition & 4 non-lifetime sub TiVo's, too boring to list all the details but most have upgraded HD's & network cards
pemills
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby healeydave » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:08 am

I'll delete it for you, we will be adding a management page.
Keeping the dream alive.
healeydave
AltEPG Team
AltEPG Team

Postby pemills » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:24 am

Would you like me to send you the full serial number of the incorrect TiVo so you can delete it?
Peter

pemills
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Return to General