Serious problem

General Discussion

Serious problem

Postby marsmail » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:22 am

I am now left with no guide data at all.
My machine has not managed to make contact successfully since 15th June (and that was a test call)
On the odd occasions, when forced, that it manages to connect, it does things like "setting the clock" or "obtaining account status" (still at "4 internal testing") and then hangs up, or on rare occasions (twice) connects and starts dounloading which is still apparently occuring two hours later (doesn't seem likely, so pull the plug and try again)
I am now no better off than I would have been had I done nothing when Tivo "pulled the plug".

Can anyone suggest how I can improve things, I would be willing to spend for a network card, but although I am sure I could fit it (seems like just plug onto the edge connector on the mother board) I have no idea at all how to set about making the machine use it or how to connect it to the network.
Does it come with and idiots guide, or are you expected to be something of a "nerd" to want to use one?

Please, anyone HELP!!!

marsmail
How can I live without it?
marsmail
Almost there...
Almost there...

Re: Serious problem

Postby ByTheCringe » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:32 am

Sounds as if you are trying for the AltEPG. Try contacting the old EPG, which is still going strong. See the Old EPG STILL Here thread. Someone will guide you to the right steps to follow.
ByTheCringe
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Re: Serious problem

Postby positor1 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:27 am

It sounds like you are set up ok, I wonder if you are missing an adsl filter on the tivo phone lead?
That would explain the download taking so long (I wouldnt have pulled the plug)

Fitting a cachecard and configuring is easy and there are so many threads in this forum that will help, the only thing that I have never seen mentioned is that to "physically" connect the card to the motherboard it is easier to release the motherboard from its mountings and GENTLY ease the board up, the card connector will otherwise snag on the tivo case front left foot.
To relese the board you use a flat ended pair of pliers, locate over the twisted lugs and twist them back to a straight position, it will be obvious when you look inside.
Do not use pliers so big as to damage any component when twisting.

I would suggest that you get a cachecard and also consider a bigger drive if you still have the original. post on the forum if you get stuck.
positor1
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Return to General