Tivo Calling Back

General Discussion

Tivo Calling Back

Postby Avas » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:18 pm

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. I am having trouble connecting to the new number. After finally getting a connection managed to get through guided set up but since then have not been able to connect on a daily call. The annoying issue is that after a failed call, I get a call back from a modem, how can I stop this as I can't leave the Tivo plugged in over night as it will keep waking me up.

This is only temporary as I have ordered a cache/network card but am having difficulty getting the memory. Any suggestions on how to stop the call-back
Avas
Almost there...
Almost there...

Re: Tivo Calling Back

Postby Kitschcamppalace » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:42 pm

Sounds like you've got Call Return enabled on your line.
Kitschcamppalace
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby tivomas » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:36 pm

avas what number are you using - dont use the 01274 use 0161 232 9094
TiVo since Oct 2000
tivomas
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby steveroe » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:21 pm

Please check FAQ 117 viewtopic.php?f=8&t=670#A117
steveroe
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby tivomas » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:35 pm

The ring back problem should only exist on the 01274 number, switching to 0161 should remove the problem
TiVo since Oct 2000
tivomas
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby Rachel » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:50 pm

Avas wrote:I have ordered a cache/network card but am having difficulty getting the memory.

You don't need memory to use the network side of a cachecard (i.e. you don't have to install any :) ).
Rachel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby Avas » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:36 pm

Thanks to all who answered I changed the number as I don't have call waiting activated and its worked, i just went by the instructions. Should have read around the forum. The reason I wanted to wait for the memory is I only want to open the box up once, I plan to upgrade the drive at the same time. I am then hoping to be able to take the tivo files off the old hard drive. I can take my time to do this. I have been looking at Tivo Desktop and TivoWebPlus and also experimenting with how I could access it from a virtual-box or build a virtual image of the tivo as I only have a laptop may have to mount it as an external drive. This would also be safer as a connection through the virtual-box will not give any access to the internal hard-drive so won't be able to overwrite the internal disk. Had one nasty experience with grub. Though once the new disk is networked this taking files off it shouldn't be an issue and I can back it up.

Will check the forums and faq first.

Thanks once again for all the help.
Avas
Almost there...
Almost there...

Postby cndawes » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:07 am

Big thanks from me for the 0161 number too ...

My wife was ready to kill me and the TiVo thanks to a number of successive nights with 1am ringbacks ...

Also this number connected first time whereas the 01274 seemed to be constantly busy!

Much obliged to everyone who's making this great :)

C.
cndawes
Powering up...
Powering up...

Return to General