Tivo recordings to PC/Imac

General Discussion

Tivo recordings to PC/Imac

Postby blueleader » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Having recently upgraded my tivo with a 1TB drive from Tivoland and added a turbonet card after setting up AltEPG on my tivo all appears to be working well. Well done Tivoland !!. My question is now that the tivo is networked (and tivoweb works fine)can I copy the tivo recording from the tivo to my pc or Imac so I can either burn them to DVD or re-format to use on say an Itouch ?. Where are the tivo recordings kept.

Update: Using the network connection FTP to ftp://192.168.1.xxx:3105/tmf/ (Where xxx is your Tivo IP address) and found the recordings
in TMF format. It is now possible to FTP the files to a PC. Using a utility such as tytompg.exe will convert the file to MP2 at which point a conversion to any other format is possible ?. Any additions or comments ?.
blueleader
Powering up...
Powering up...

Re: Tivo recordings to PC/Imac

Postby iman » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:01 pm

Hi, I tried port 3105 however I got failed connection.

IS there a guide on how to access the recordings anywhere? I assume i need to set up some kind of ftp server?
I can currently telnet and ftp (port21) into the unit.

You help is much appreciated

iMAN
iman
Powering up...
Powering up...

Postby SolidTechie » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:57 pm

blueleader wrote:It is now possible to FTP the files to a PC. Using a utility such as tytompg.exe will convert the file to MP2 at which point a conversion to any other format is possible ?. Any additions or comments ?.

Yes, yes and err.. yes. ! :)
Regards,

Ian
SolidTechie
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby SolidTechie » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:59 pm

iman wrote:Hi, I tried port 3105 however I got failed connection.

You need to have mfs_ftp running on the TiVo, and various other stuff. Have a look at dealdatabase.com forums, search for TiVo, series1 extraction
Regards,

Ian
SolidTechie
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby Velocitysurfer » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:21 am

mfs_ftp is included as part of the Altepg ISO (at least the later builds), but I'm not sure if it's enabled by default
Velocitysurfer
Almost there...
Almost there...

Postby SolidTechie » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:25 pm

Velocitysurfer wrote:mfs_ftp is included as part of the Altepg ISO (at least the later builds), but I'm not sure if it's enabled by default

It is.

You'll note that iman didn't specify whether or not (s)he was using the AltEPG iso - I suspect (for this reason) that s(he) is not.
Regards,

Ian
SolidTechie
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Return to General