Tivos freeze during download of AltEPG

General Discussion

Tivos freeze during download of AltEPG

Postby Bob Grime » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:23 pm

Both my TIVO's freeze frequently (50%) during the download of the AltEPG. This has the unfortunate effect of locking my telephone line and presumably yours until I notice the problem which can be hours later. This problem did not occur with the old TIVO EPG. Both TIVO's are using the old software and have been been changed using your setup instructions. I am reluctant to change to the new software because both boxes have many recordings I do not wish to loose. At the moment I keep the boxes disconnected from the telephone and just connect them to manually make the calls so that I can monitor if they have frozen. Any ideas would be gratefully received. May I add my grateful thanks to everybody who who has worked to provide the AltEPG.
Sunday 24 July- Further to my Tivos freezing problem, I have been experimenting and have found thet there appears to be a threashold in the quantity of data ( ie number channels) requested to be downloaded from the AltEPG above which the Tivo is very likely to freeze. I have reduced the number channels ticked in the "Customize Channels" list and so far I have had no further problems.
Last edited by Bob Grime on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bob Grime
Powering up...
Powering up...

Re: Tivos freeze during download of AltEPG

Postby SolidTechie » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:29 pm

You have done a clear and delete data and todo list, haven't you?
Regards,

Ian
SolidTechie
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Re: Tivos freeze during download of AltEPG

Postby spoyser » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:38 pm

I had what sounds like the same issue, and from other threads sounds like a few of us have had this, maybe it should be investigated by the altepg team as there is cleary a problem here.

In my case it always freezes using the 0161 numbers but using the 0845 number is fine, what number are you using?
spoyser
Almost there...
Almost there...

Return to General